Living Together

Discussion in 'General Lizards' started by Mystic1231, Oct 9, 2003.

1. Mystic1231

Mystic1231 Embryo

Hello everyone, I was given several different lizards (abandon really) and I want to know if I can put them together. I am thinking about using a 38 gal. The critters that I have are

3 anoles
    1 western fence
    1 fat fail gecko
    1 horned lizard

any information on what they eat, lighting, etc. would be helpful

Thanks
    Mystic1231

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. stormyva

stormyva Well-Known Member

Although I am not a lizard expert I can confidently say NO on the housing together.
    Someone will probably come along and either correct or add to the following information but here it is anyways.....
    The anoles and western fence lizard are going to need a somewhat humid 55-60% environment with temps in the lower to mid 80's. They will also need UVB lighting as well.
    I am pretty sure the horned lizard is a desert species, but some pics would be helpful to identify it for you. You will want to have a dryer cage set up for it, humidity in the lower 40% range, higher temps in the upper 80's with a basking spot for more heat if the lizard desires to have it.

Good Luck with them!

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Mystic1231

Mystic1231 Embryo

Thankis stormyva for the information. I plan to go out today and buy a few cages and try to help these critters.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. sapphire_moon

sapphire_moon Embryo

Ya, don't house them together. Since they were abandoned they are probably sick, you will want to get a fecal done on all of them asap. and keep them on unprinted paper (so you can see mites) with the correct hides and such....good luck