Loads Of Crickets!

Discussion in 'Monitors & Tegus' started by SavannahQueen, Jun 23, 2005.

1. SavannahQueen

SavannahQueen New Member

I have 2 Savannah Monitors and 2 Chinese water dragons. 3 of the 4 Herps are juviniles so i am feeding them mainly crickets. I was spending a fortune in crickets alone. I figured i would try breeding my own crickets, and figured it would be hard. I followed directions i had found on cricket breeding in one of my herp books and dang if i didn't have a grand success. I have 3, 10 gallon tanks full of baby crickets and a 30 gallon full of 2 week old crickets, as well as two rubbermaid 40 gallon tubs full of three week old crickets. There has to be over 10 thousand crickets. I dunno what to do with them. I didn't figure i would have such luck in breeding them. I am now spending a fortune feeding my cricket farm.....

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. RainMan

RainMan Embryo

wow,I spend 60$ a month on crickets for my monitor,gecko,and bearded dragon. I wish I knew how to breed them. If you ever get overloaded with crix jus send some my way lol

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

just throw in some wet dog food to feed the crix and they should be set. just feed them off to your herps. its always good to have a small herp when you breed crix, in case you have too manny little crix running around