Lone male?

Discussion in 'Tokay Geckos' started by Pemuteran, Jan 13, 2008.

1. Pemuteran

Pemuteran Embryo

I lived in Indonesia for 6 years and became fascinated with the Tokays-particularly with the male sounds at night. I have decorative geckos on my bedroom walls and only recently thought about having a REAL one. Through my research i have found nothing on keeping a single male without a female. Since the night sounds i crave are important to me, i am wondering if a single male will make the mating calls anyway or will i need to get a female as well? Does anyone out there have 1 male that still calls at night?
    Thanks!!
    Allison

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Liquid_Squelch

Liquid_Squelch New Member

Hey Allison....

I would think that if you cycled the male, that he will eventually call looking for a mate..

I have my pair in a tank, and the only time that the male calls is after I cycle the tank....
    The pair can live the rest of the year in quiet...

PM Me if you want.. I'm in long island, and I know where you can pick-up some quality Tokays
    Phil

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. tokall_pythcko

tokall_pythcko Embryo

My male is housed by himself and he still does his mating call. It's the middle of winter and there is snow outside but he still calls every other day.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. camo_pants

camo_pants New Member

my male has been alone almost 2 years and he does calls every once in awhile. I have heard him do them during the day so maybe he does it when i'm not home