long time no see...pics

Discussion in 'Photos & Photography' started by Pcircle85, Jun 16, 2012.

1. Pcircle85

Pcircle85 New Member

Been a long time, here are some updated pictures of our dragon, Leo.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

StikyPaws312, lizardgurl87 and Cammy like this.
  2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. dogking

dogking HOTM Winner September

Welcome back! Is his mouth always like that? An open mouth like that is a sign of Metabolic Bone Disease. A lack of Calcium in his diet may be why he is doing that.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Cammy

Cammy ReptileBoards Addict

Good to see you again! I'd recognize that beardie anywhere, haha. It looks like his oranges have really deepened in his beard and around his eyes. Is he shedding or is his head always that contrasting with the orange and pale parts? How's he doing health wise? I know he came from a pretty bad home when you got him. He still adjusted to the good life okay?

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Pcircle85

Pcircle85 New Member

Yes, his mouth has been like that for as long as I could remember. He came from a home that fed him strictly mealworms (ugh) and didn't supplement with calcium or D3. It's a wonder he lived as long as he did, but he's a resilient monster. I've had him for a couple years now and he's on a good, steady diet of crickets, superworms and the occasional dubia (and salads, of course). Unfortunately, the damage to his mouth is done, but it doesn't seem to bother him and he's essentially quadrupled in size since I took over care.

My theory, Cammy, is that the discoloration on his head is from a shed gone wrong, but overall he's as healthy and happy as a pig in mud. He's grown so much and is actually getting used to being handled now.

Cammy likes this.
  8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. dogking

dogking HOTM Winner September

I'm glad to hear that you have been taking good care of him! He looks good for a rescue beardie! I love the orange on his beard!

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. lizardgurl87

lizardgurl87 HOTM Winner April

He's very nice and that's great you took him in and helped him! :) His coloring is really cool and he looks very happy!
    Welcome back then! I only joined about a year ago, so I'm still a little new I'd say lol :p

12. mr_andrew

mr_andrew Member

Nice beardie!

13. ajlista

ajlista Well-Known Member

Its awesome that you took him in and i see you now take great care of him. Glad hes doing good :D