Look at what i just got:)

Discussion in 'Uromastyx' started by naykid, Nov 1, 2012.

1. naykid

naykid Member

20121101_164020.jpg 20121101_164105.jpg I was just looking at the local online classifieds, and these two were listed. He was only asking $125 for both and the enclosure. I must say i never really thought of having two female Saharan Uros. For the price i couldnt pass it up, and when i got there i knew i had to RESCUE them:( . The conditions were not good , both of these girls were in a 20 gal. tank with 2 inches of mica sand, a food bowl the size of a 50 cent piece, 50 watt heat lamp etc. etc. The yellow girl is 175 grams and the red girl is only 78 grams, but are about the same length 10 inches. There is quite the back story to their situation, never the less they're in a much better situation now:)

geckolover22 and JEFFREH like this.
  2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

Aw yay, they're so cute :) Glad you rescued them! I know you're worried about one being so much smaller than the other right now but maybe their not ideal conditions were a part of that? Hopefully the smaller girl will perk up and start eating once she's settled in in her new home :) congrats on the great find!

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. naykid

naykid Member

I set up my webcam to record them to see what happens thruout the day. It is quite interesting to see what they do. I did see her eat a fair amount. She is very active so i wonder if she's just burning of what she eats. The next step is to get a Moroccan uro, Doug said to breed these two together. He is looking for a older male for me, i sure hope he won't charge me too much.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

That's awesome! I always wonder what all of my pets do during the day....

I hope he finds you a handsome fellow to go along with those two! Good luck!

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. naykid

naykid Member

Thanks.....I'll certainly keep u posted:)

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Reid

Reid Banned

You should let us see the webcam. I'd love to watch them undestrubed like that :D

12. naykid

naykid Member

I'm not all that tech savy, but i'll look in to it. I may post a vid on youtube.

13. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

That would be neat...

14. naykid

naykid Member

wow!!!!! it's crazy how active they are when nobody is in the room:eek: I still haven't figured out how to post a vid on youtube:(