Lost Baby Savannah!

Discussion in 'Monitors & Tegus' started by RobbieReptileMan, Jun 14, 2012.

1. RobbieReptileMan

RobbieReptileMan New Member

So I was at my Friends house since Monday and my mom called me Monday night flipping out on me about my lizards and house she hated all my snakes and everything and that my savannah monitor is stinking up the house and that she was going to let them all out of there cages! So I didn't believe her of course because that would be totally uncalled for in anyway of course! So I come home today to go to work and I walk in to feed him and the cage door is wide open and he's gone! I'm freaking out and scared and upset because I have 3 cats and I looked every where for him! When he got out before I found him under neath the dryer but he wasn't back that this time and the air is on in my house so it's chilly! He's my favorite little guy in the world and I need help finding him! Could he survive for 3 days? He was out for 4 days last time but what if the cats got him?!? Please help me anyway you can I don't wanna lose him!

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. ELF2240

ELF2240 New Member

It sounds odd, but I once found one of my green anoles that got out by placing a plastic bag of their favorite food with a heat lamp and a rock surrounding it in the room that they were lost in. I would also search under couch cushions/warm dark spaces in your home that may serve as a hiding home.

- ELF

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. RobbieReptileMan

How long as he out for? Do you have other pets in your home ( cats,dogs)?

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. RobbieReptileMan

I found him! After 4 days he was behind the guest bedroom bed! He's a little cold but I put him under his lamp hopefully everything will be ok!

StikyPaws312 and ELF2240 like this.
  8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. ELF2240

ELF2240 New Member

He should be okay I would only offer small meals and keep him hydrated!!! Misting is extremely important for a reptile who has been unable to gain moisture for a few days :).

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. dogking

dogking HOTM Winner September

Thats great that you found him! Like ELF said, you want to make sure he gets a lot of fluid in his body so make sure he is drinking and keep misting him!

ELF2240 likes this.
  12. ajlista

ajlista Well-Known Member

Thats good to hear. i dont know much about tegus or monitors but these guys know what they are talking about so listen to them ,lol.

13. RobbieReptileMan

I have been guys! And he's been eating like a champ and he seems as happy as anything so I'll put up some pics soon to inform you guys!