Lost Snake

Discussion in 'Ball Pythons' started by bluesquirrely4, Apr 12, 2010.

1. bluesquirrely4

bluesquirrely4 Member

So my big 4 1/2 foot ball got out of her tank some time in the last week or so and now i'm not sure where to find her. She eat and then was shedding so i left her along and went to clean up her tank this morning and she was no where to be found. Any ideas of where to look?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. crissybac

crissybac Embryo

Do you have a bookcase?

It really sucks when a snake gets loose. I hate to admit it but my ex-husband was a drunk and would forget to close the lid to our cage. Mine got out at least a handful of times until I "fixed" it but we won't go there. Snakes can and will hide anywhere. They like warm places like the heater coil under fridge, they will get under dressers, bookcases, under clothes, you name it, they will go there. You're best best is keep looking and just wait. They usually travel at night. I'll never forget getting startled half asleep while in the bathroom as it slithered out of my tub! That'll wake ya up...

It can be unsettling when you can't find your pet. Just take a deep breath and keep looking. It will come out eventually, especially when it gets hungry. The only way you will really "loose" your snake is if it gets out of your house. If it can't get out, you will see again, for certain.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. JeniG68

JeniG68 Embryo

I had a cornsnake escape and 5 months later it showed up in our basement just crawling along the floor.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. lplasc

lplasc New Member

I was wondering have you found your snake