May Be getting a baby red ear slider? Need some info and help!

Discussion in 'Turtles' started by RobbieReptileMan, Aug 5, 2013.

1. RobbieReptileMan

RobbieReptileMan New Member

So i recently got rid of all of the reptiles I had (snakes, lizards, monitors and geckos) and lately I've just been missing the hobby and the amazing exotic animals! So I've always wanted turtles but have been put off for many reasons! But lately I've been wanting to get either 1 or 2! (Kind of guy who feels one might be lonely :p) anyways I used to keep all of my reptiles in my old room upstairs and I live in my finished basement so the smell didn't bother me at all with them, but id really like something to have down here (like a turtle) and I just need a little help! I have a 20gallon long tank that I'm planning on using to start up with and I have the light fixtures and everything that go along with it basically. I've been looking at getting maybe 1 or 2 red ear slider babies and was wondering how they would do in a tank my size? Also would the smell be atrocious even if I had a 60gallon filter in a 20gallon tank? My main concern is the smell of them and I don't want to put them upstairs because I want to enjoy the beauty of them! Also I'm only 16 and my parents are divorced so i usually switch from house to house every other day so would they be ok with feeding every other day? Just some questions I have that I hope some of you can help me with! My reptile knowledge is very broad but as you can see I'm very limited when it comes to turtle knowledge lol any help would be appreciated greatly!