may get a crestie Saturday

Discussion in 'Rhacodactylus (Crested) Geckos' started by lisa owens, Jun 21, 2012.

1. lisa owens

lisa owens Well-Known Member

i may be getting my very first crestie sat. it is 5 months old and i am getting it for 25 USD. will it be ok to keep it in a large critter keeper till i get the other enclosure fixed

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Cammy

Cammy ReptileBoards Addict

I'm not a gecko expert, but 5 months seems pretty old to be keeping in a critter keeper. A quick google through some caresheets suggests geckos be moved out of their juvenile setup by at least 4 months. Do you know how big the geckos are? How long would it be until you can have the larger enclosure set up? Maybe you could ask the breeder if you can pay for one in advance and pick it up at a later date.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. lisa owens

he is no longer a breeder he is getting out of it so this is the last one he has he wouldn't be in it long just long enough to get thing set up i will be getting everything i need to set it up the day i get him. as far as how big they are i don't know all i have is a pic

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. lisa owens

this is him [​IMG]

Cammy likes this.
  8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Cammy

Cammy ReptileBoards Addict

Oh, well if it's only for a day or two that shouldn't be that bad. I was thinking it was going to be a week or more or something. But as a sort of "temporary holding cell" (for lack of a better term) that should be fine. It looks like that may be what he's in currently anyways judging by the picture. =)