Mealworm

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Introductions' started by JayJay, Jul 15, 2004.

1. JayJay

JayJay Embryo

Does anyone know if mealworms can go bad in the refridgerator ? And how will they look ?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Dylacat

Dylacat Member

They shouldn't. I've heard that they can live for a couple of months in the fridge.

Rebecca

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. KR3LL

KR3LL New Member

I think they go black from what i can remember. It takes a long time tho

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. IronButterFly

IronButterFly New Member

You can keep mealworms in the fridge for a couple months like Rebecca said. They will not grow that quickly and will be quite lethargic.As long as you provide ventilation holes in the container. I remember reading somewhere that you should bring them out to warm up to room temperature for feeding (fruit & veggies) at least once a week.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. infectedgecko

infectedgecko Embryo

Yah they turn black. When i was younge i kept mine i n the freezer for 20mins:[ too see what happens:p they all died after i took them out for awhile they were black.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Jhoss22

Jhoss22 Member

what you do is get your little container and put a couple peices of carrot in there. then just leave them in the fridge. take out the desired amount 24 hours before feeding to pet so that they can gutload. it's pretty simple.