Meet all my kids. (dial up warning)

Discussion in 'Photos & Photography' started by kephy, Sep 17, 2004.

1. kephy

kephy Moderator

Tima
    [​IMG]

Wally
    [​IMG]

Playstation
    [​IMG]

Ocho
    [​IMG]

Domo
    [​IMG]

Rio
    [​IMG]

Nicodemus
    [​IMG]

:mrgreen:

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Freaky_pete

Freaky_pete Well-Known Member

I love the pic of tima.. Now i wana get my dog back :)

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Smileen

Smileen Member

Very cute! I had to read your sig to figure out what Playstation was.... I was thinking "cool! a possum thingy!"

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. stormyva

stormyva Well-Known Member

Gorgeous pics and animals!!

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. kephy

kephy Moderator

Thanks! I love them all dearly. :)

Here's a better picture of Playstation w/ my fiance. His full name is Playstation 2 but we usually just call him Pee-Stew.

[​IMG]

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Spot

Spot ReptileBoards Addict

Beautiful animals, Amanda! I particularly think your beardies are gorgeous! ( you know I'm on the look out for one myself!) I've been meaning to ask, what's the significance of the names, Ocho and Domo?
    Also, do u have to do anything special to make sure that your ferret (also cute!) leaves all your herps alone?

12. kephy

kephy Moderator

With the reptiles there is a bit of a backstory. It kind of became an unintentional trend to give them names ending with O. Started with Rico Suave, my iguana when I was a teen. Then I got Rio, named after the Duran Duran song that came on as I was driving home from work one day. Then I got another kingsnake, named him Diablo to go with the spanish names Rico "rich" and Rio "river", meaning devil because he was orange like fire (but actually the sweetest darn snake you'd have ever met.) Next we got a chameleon who my fiance named Vigo from Ghostbusters 2. At this point we finally noticed the trend.

By the time we got Ocho, he was the eighth pet to come into our house, and since I'd taken to giving my pets spanish names, we named him the spanish word for eight. Then I got another beardie and asked some friends at another message board to throw out some name ideas. At this point the japanese television character Domo-Kun had become a staple in internet jokes, and someone said "DOMO!" and there you have it.

Now we have a gecko named Nicodemus, which of course takes too long to say so we just call him "Nico"

So there has been
    Rico
    Rio
    Diablo
    Vigo
    Ocho
    Domo
    and Nico

As for the ferret, he really doesn't even seem to notice the reptiles. Pays them no mind at all, and they don't seem to have any reason to fear him. They are always safe in their cages when he is out, and he is always safe in his cage when they are out. There hasn't been any interaction between them that would cause them to realize he would be a threat, and we intend to keep it that way.

13. kephy

kephy Moderator

Got some newer pics to share. :)

Here are a few I took the other day of Rio while she was scooting about.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These are when we had Ocho out a few weeks ago. He's so smart, he crawled to the edge of the couch so he could see Domo, then he perched there and started doing his displays.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Ocho doesn't like when he sees Domo get the attention.
    [​IMG]

Now here's Domo. He's put on a ton of weight since he got over the impaction. Doing great, getting pudgy, and about to shed.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And last, but certainly not least.

This past week we were babysitting our friends' two ferrets while they went out of town. They came and stayed with Playstation in his ferret mansion. They've all been buddies for a long time, and it's always a hoot to get them together. We've decided that as soon as we get PS2 all current with his vet stuff, we're gonna adopt him a friend. He really did so great having company to snuggle with. :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. joe5555

joe5555 Member

What kind of gecko is that? Last picture at the top. Your bearded dragons look awsom.

15. kephy

kephy Moderator

He's a Paroedura Pictus, sometimes called the big-headed or panther gecko.

16. joe5555

joe5555 Member

cool! Looks pretty awsom that gecko.

17. KaMiKaZeE

KaMiKaZeE Member

Awesome pets Kephy! And I'm jealous I didn't think of playstation when I had a ferret in the house. That is the perfect ferret name, because ferrets are so playful! :p Is it just me, or when ferrets run does it remind you of like a kid running in footie pajamas (baggy one-piece zip-up pajama for kids)? Ferrets are sooo cute! :D

18. Need_a_good_name

Need_a_good_name New Member

All of them are so cool, i like the gecko and ur dragons. But the name playstation.... LOL

19. kephy

kephy Moderator

Yep. Playstation was adopted back in 2001 when the PS2 was popular and the Xbox had not yet come out. We wanted a PS2 really bad, but rarely had the spare money to buy one. Just when we did have some extra spending money, we came across Pee-Stew one day who desperately needed a home, and on the spot dropped about $350 on supplies. As we were driving home I said, "Man, there goes our PS2."

And that's how it stuck. We never did get a real PS2. :roll:

20. KaMiKaZeE

KaMiKaZeE Member

Did you get an xbox?? Cause y'all gamers know what happens on the 9th!!! ;)

P.S.- Cool Cure shirt! :D

21. joe5555

joe5555 Member

Are u guys excited for Halo 2?

22. kephy

kephy Moderator

Let me put it this way....

I requested Wednesday off of work next week so I could stay home all day with Curt and play co-op. 8) Oh yeah.

23. joe5555

joe5555 Member

Its a good game I'll tell you that. All the guns are changed. Theres a whole bunch of new plasma guns. like plasma shot guns and sniper rifles. Theres new multiplayer fields and everything. Dont ask me how i know all this stuff.

24. kephy

kephy Moderator

Well, I know it because we subscribe to Xbox Magazine. :(

25. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

Sorry to interupt but I can't see any of the first page :cry:

Can I meet your kids here on the second page? It just goes blank when I try to see the first. Sorry