[Miami, FL] Edgar Allan Poe aka Fatty. LF a Great New Home

Discussion in 'Animal Adoptions' started by Mephsito, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Mephsito

Mephsito Embryo

FIrst and foremost, I am being very picky about who he will go to as I only want the best for him.

He is pet beardy, Not for breeding or other.

He is 2 years old and will 3 on sept 26 of this year.

He has been a cage free dragon (**except his baby stage since that wouldn't be good), Always feed collard/mustard/turnip(his fav) greens(dusted when needed), and as for meat I usually give him superworms but also change his diet to hornworms/silkworms/butterworms (for treats only and a calc boost). Always bought from mulberry and coastal worms.

He has been kept on tile and newspaper for his "poop" area. He like's to usually only poop in on side of his "cage". He's been kept at the right temp's 100ish for basking spot and 70-80 for the cooler side of the cage though he usually comes to me when he wants to relax. He's slept in a bed since he came to me (he was about a month old I think) So he is used to being pampered and always has had his own full size pillow (yes got him his own pillow).

He takes 1-2 baths a week, more depending on shedding/bowel movements. His lights have always been from Bob at mega-ray, and I wouldn't want him on anything else. By far the best that I've read about here and other places not to mention Bob is a great guy and stands behind his product(s).

He's a real fatty and loves to cuddle he will always climb into my hair and sleep or in bed he'll mosey on over to me and try to sleep with me on my pillow (once he passes out I always move him to a safe spot with "his" pillow).

He never once bearded at me or shown any signs of aggression, he great with random people petting him though he does not like outside noises, lol he gets a little freaked out when I take him outside. Nothing bad but he sure does seem worried at least to me when outside.

If your still with me here then perhaps you could be someone who could care for him. The only reason im giving him up is I got a job/internship in the Philippines. I am located in Miami, FL and am NOT LOOKING TO SHIP HIM (if you can convince me you can try but shipping will be on you and I want to make sure it's as fast and as safe as he can get there, He was shipped me to me and when I got him out the box poor thing looked awful never wanted to put him through that again).

I wish I could take him with me but the transportation of him to the Philippines just down right scares me not to mention how much it would be to get a light from Bob out there, and in safe condition too (not on Bob or our mailing system but the International system). And my family and friends I do not trust to take care for my Poe. They are all dog/cat people and don't like reptiles.

I ask if you are interested to PM me and tell me a bit about why you want him, and also how you would care for him(lights/enclosure/feeding/etc), where you are located and if possible send pictures of his supposed new home. I want to make sure who ever takes my buddy Poe will give him the life he deserves.

Pictures will go to who actually has been reading my rant and PM's me. I will not post them here and have replies from people who actually didn't read my entire rant. ** Well I'll put up 1-2 pic's but if more are wanted PM me.

If you have any questions as well please do PM me

Thanks everyone and have a good one.

**Edit - I am leaving at the end of the month so the sooner the better.

[​IMG]
    He was more interested in the worm dish here, than getting his picture taken lol.

[​IMG]
    Under his Megaray and heat lamp hanging out.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Mephsito

Mephsito Embryo

Poe has found a home thanks all.