Milo, my BP

Discussion in 'Ball Pythons' started by PennyLane, Feb 19, 2012.

1. PennyLane

PennyLane New Member

So here are some pictures of Milo. He's a normal phased ball python. I went to a reptile expo back in October and was looking for a couple of snakes. They only seemed to have ball pythons, boas and cornsnakes. I wasn't too interested in any of them until one of the breeders offered that I hold Milo. I held him and he was just so calm and sweet that I had to bring him home. He's one of my most tamed snakes, and he's definitely a great eater as well.

I recently moved him to a hexagonal tank. He's still a baby so for now it should be fine. He actually loves it so much more than his 40 gallon breeder. :) He's always loved to climb rather than move around on the bottom.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I also hung an owl bird feeder and he's been hiding out in there.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here are pictures when I first got him.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And fairly recents. Also he had a bad shed before I took these. An hour of leaving him in the steamed bathroom, and another 2 hours of carefully passing a warm wet towel over him, the stuck shed managed to come off. He was very happy in the end. :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

JEFFREH, geckolover22, Louie and 2 others like this.
  2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Karlee

Karlee Member

Aww he is adorable. It is like a little baby face and you just want to run up and hug it!

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Louie

Louie Member

Very nice. I find most snakes other than sand type snakes will climb if given opportunity.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. reptile boy

reptile boy New Member

he looks just like mine! is he a pastel or a clown ( color and pattern)

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

He is a Normal ; )

Clowns have an incredibly distinct look with dark dorsal striping, patterned heads, and generally reduced side patterning along with a light tan base coloration. Pastels exhibit lighter, more yellow coloration than normals - though some can be orangy or show greater degrees of blushing.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. reptile boy

reptile boy New Member

oh ok :(

12. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

Lol - No need for the sadface! Ball Python morphs are confusing... you gotta look at quite a few pictures and individuals in person to catch on. I still have trouble distinguishing some morphs from others and I've been collecting the species for many years = )

Milo is a very pretty little guy little fellow by the way! Thanks for sharing PennyLane! = )