Misting System???

Discussion in 'Water Dragons' started by MikeDr0, Jan 29, 2008.

1. MikeDr0

MikeDr0 New Member

ok so im looking into getting a misting system of some sort for my waster dragon
    heres a few questions for you
    1. Habbamist....i was going to get it but i was told it doesnt work
    does anyone have one?
    2.Mistking....too expensive for me
    3. Fogger..Anyone use a fogger?
    i need a inexpensive practical way to keep the humidity up with out having to manually mist it every hour
    thanks

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. shortygirl

shortygirl Well-Known Member

I was looking into a Habbamist system myself, but I don't know if it would work in a standard aquarium like you have currently. I never liked my fogger, it made a mess & soaked everything casuing mildew on the wood I have in my tanks.

Have you tried covering the tank top? I used press & seal plastic wrap along with a Tropic-Aire air exhanger when my guys were smaller and it worked beautifully. Basically, as long as they have a water dish that they can fully submerge & swim in, lower humidity has never been an issue for me.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. MikeDr0

MikeDr0 New Member

oh ok thank you

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. dustintp

dustintp Embryo

I was wondering about the foggers as well, I have a set up simalr to yours shortygirl w/ the wood. I normally don't have any problems with humidity until about this time of the year since I live in an older house and get no fresh air inside. which leaves Humidity in the house around 40% (w/ humidifies running in my reptile room and living room). I have a feeling if I do any more misting I am going to get carpletunnel :(. How much did you runs yours, If i were to set it up on a timer with a couple minutes in the morning and at night would I run into any problems. Also do they last, I've read that they are more of a pain than worth it. Just wanted to see if I could get a little feedback so I don't go spend the money on it and have it not pan out, Like a lot of the other things that seem cool in the store and end up being not such a good idea.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. shortygirl

shortygirl Well-Known Member

In a tank similar to mine, a fogger is probably fine. It was when I was using an aquarium that the mister soaked through & through. I would like to get one hooked up myself, but that's on a back burner until I finish moving this week and get everyone sorted out lol. They don't last too long unfortunately, unless you have a pretty decent water source, or one that renews itself. I wouldn't put it in the pool, I don't know if I trust those things well enough to not electrocute my lil fella's!

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Euparkeria

Euparkeria Embryo

If you can, avoid the ExoTerra Ultrasonic Fog Generator. It's not HORRIBLE but it makes a mess (gets water everywhere). Requires a certain water level range in order to work, so you can't really count on it running for long periods of time. Also, it has a red light and can spook your WD.

I learned the hard way.