Money Was No Object!

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Introductions' started by KLiK, Jul 31, 2004.

1. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

i made $500 modifying someone xbox for them yesterday so i decided how should i spend it....on my herps of corse! i was in petco earlier today and i got a bunch of new things for my leopard geckos tank. it look pretty dull so i picked up a lot. i also decided the 30g i had my iguana in looked bad so i told the guy whats the biggest tank you have in the store. he told me a 40gallon breeder tank. so i told him i'll take one of those. i bought some new light bulbs and fixtures. finally i decided let me check out the leopard geckos. of course im a sucker for a cute face and needless to say i picked up an albino tremper hatchling :lol:. i will post pics of the new leo as well as the leo tank and pics of my iguana tank as soon as i get a chance.

P.S.
    all of the things i bought came to $300 and some change

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Hummingbird

Hummingbird Well-Known Member

congrats on the money! wish i could take a spree like that! *so jealous*

how old is your iguana, by the way? as an adult he'll have to have at *least* a 5' high by 4' length by 3' wide cage, you know. they're big fellas . . .

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

the thing is that the person that had him before me kept him in a 10gallon since the day he got him. he is 3years old and just under 2ft but i havent really measured him. he is 3inches longer than a 10gallon tank that much i know. and i am aware of how big iguanas get this is only for a short time until im done building his cage. i had a 4.5ft iguana that me and my dad built a cage that was 6'high 5'long and 4'wide but he through it out EXACTLY 2days before i got the iguana that i currently own :

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. missy

missy Member

my friends school has an iguana for a mascott and they kept it in a small tank but it was real small for an iguana

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Hummingbird

a perfectly good cage thrown away! too bad, klik. well at least you know the requirements for big lizards like iguanas. good luck making another one here soon.

alysha - that's terrible. i'll bet it was small because it was young and/or suffered from malnutrition. probably had no uv light, nothing to climb on, and ate cat food and spinach. :roll:

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. missy

missy Member

the kids take turns taking it home so it eats properly and gets out of the tank

12. nikic

nikic New Member

Good deal KLik! I think I'm in the wrong business :wink:

13. Hummingbird

wow that must be one docile iguana. otherwise that won't be continuing too much longer. only rarely is there an iguana that likes people and does NOT scratch and/or bite when handled by many different people.

and just because the kids take turns taking it home does *not* mean that it eats properly. in fact, it could mean the exact opposite. i can just see some kids (and their parents, babysitters, siblings, neighbors, etc) feeding the iguana crickets or mcdonalds with a side order of dog kibbles. :roll: PLUS if they do indeed have all the neccessary equipment for an iguana, it would be a pain in the butt to transport all the stuff from one student's house to another all the time.

14. missy

missy Member

:shock:

15. blink

blink New Member

its good to see someone spending money on something useful
    good job

16. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

indeed it is. my sister is 18 and hates my herps. when i came home with all the stuff she said "why do you waste your money on that crap" i simply tell her "cause i need something to do that will keep me out of trouble that i can enjoy, and unlike you shoes and clothes aint guna cut it for me." next week i will be making around $3,000 from working with my dad(carpentry), modding 4nextel phones for different people, and modding 3xboxes for 2 people. i love my skills :) i wonder what i'll spend some of that cash on :(

17. dpillsbury_doughboy

dpillsbury_doughboy New Member

klik you could send me some of that money so i could help my snake out some
    i rally need to get a job cutting grass or something i want a bigger cage for my snake i want like a 30-40 gallon tank

18. blink

blink New Member

I'm just curious, but what do you mean modding phones and xbox's?

19. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

i add housings and lights onto nextel phones. and for xboxes i put in extra harddrives new operating systems and some other things i cant say due to legality. here are some pics of my old phone. the first pic is a little blurry but it says "KEVTEL DONE" [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    i have some sidelights added around my phone and a clear blue housing now. i will post some pics of that when i get batteries for my camera

20. blink

blink New Member

you can do all the and your how old?? If I'm not mistaken your pretty young....

you should go to college to become an electrical engineer or something :lol:

21. herpslave

herpslave Member

Nice!!!!!!!!!!! I had my cellphone customized also. On bottom half theres a pitch black girl with a coyboy hat on. I had her bikini and panties lined with purple and blue lights, and the braww with black and white. Then flames when you fold the phone. That were really vibrant but no lights.

22. blink

blink New Member

how'd you learn to do stuff like this at such a young age?? just comes naturally or what?

23. herpslave

herpslave Member

I had my cousin do it. I said ill help him work out and lose some weight since hes 11 and 145 pounds. So he agreed and fixed it all up. And lucky him I didn't screw him over. I tortured him! He only got to eat one meat product per week sometimes twice a week! And We worked out every 2 days majorly! He lost 27 pounds in 4 months. And I lost 17.

24. blink

blink New Member

I meant how do you do all of the electronics upgrades at such a young age....

25. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

i got bored one day when i was 13 and i went out and bought some tools. i had an old phone that someone gave me and i taught myself how to take it apart. by 14 i was taking apart nextels such as the i1000 and later on the i60. by 15 i had mastered it by playing with i90s and i95s. i started to look for images of phones that others had modded and everything i saw i tried. i have modded 300+ phones and in that time i have only messed up on 2phones and i replaced those parts for the people. with the xbox i started doing those around 8months ago and so far i have modded 20. i was watching something that a friend sent me and i was amazed. so i ordered a mod chip ( $38 ) for my xbox and i saw that it had to be solderd in. i went to the website and they had how to install it. i checked it out and before i put the chip into my xbox i took gauge testers and mesured the amount of electrical flow that each LPC had. the d0 is where the main power was on the xbox and that was critical because if you messed that up you need to go out and buy a new xbox. after i played around and wrote down some of the voltages i installed the chip. i turned on my xbox and walla! everything that was suppose to happen did. then i made a cd with the linux bios on it and programed it onto my modchip. then i went out and bought a 120gb hard drive for $100 i "locked" the hard drive, took out the stock 1, and put in the new. now i have around 50games stored on the hard drive and a couple of movies. i never have to purchase another xbox game and the movies i can download off of the internet and put them onto my xbox via an ftp server i set up on the xbox :lol: im 16 and have accomplished things that people twice my age can only imaging doing. i make some good cash off of this stuff as well