Most Painful and Least Painful Venomous Bite

Discussion in 'Venomous Snakes' started by zeke2010, Nov 1, 2009.

1. zeke2010

zeke2010 Embryo

From what I have seen on The Animal Planet, the subject venomous snakes, I am interested on what species would pack the most punch on a bite. From what I heard, the worst, most painful bites would be the Eastern Diamondback Rattler Crotalus adamanteus, The Gaboon Viper Bitis gabonica and possibly the Mohave Rattlesnake Crotalus scutulatus. However any species of rattlesnake would pack a punch and a very painful bite.

I heard the most "benign" or least painful bite would be the Black Mamba (Dendroaspis polylepis), smaller cobras, perhaps a smaller Copperhead Agkistrodon contortrix.

Now I am not an expert on venomous serpents, but I would like to know about the "pain factor" and what a 10 would be a 5 and lowest pain threshold.

Any bite from a venomous snake is gonna hurt, no matter what.

Please let us know what you think or any links or sources if available
    Thanks zeke

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Snakes_Incorporated

Snakes_Incorporated New Member

The Cytotoxic effects of a Gaboon Adder or a Puff Adder will test your pain tolerances to the extreme.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Keegan Rowlinson

Keegan Rowlinson New Member

Smaller Cobras should make the pain list Red Spitters can make a certain parts of your anatomy pop so I say they shoot to almost the most painful also I would throw the Timber Rattlesnake in there as being on the more pain end.