Mountain Horned Lizard Tank?

Discussion in 'General Lizards' started by tokaygirl55, Sep 22, 2013.

1. tokaygirl55

tokaygirl55 New Member

So I have this tank(picture at bottom) and I was interested in getting a Mountain Horned Lizard. How would I set up this tank? I really need all the care and tank set up information I can get along with a list of things I'd need with an approximate cost(not counting lizard.) I just want to know for sure from a person and not some website. :)

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

Sorry, I'm not very familiar with them... and with a general knowledge of all the herps people on here have.... I don't think anyone else does :( Sorry!

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Cammy

Cammy ReptileBoards Addict

I'm actually a little familiar with them. What size tank do you have? There was no attachment to your post.

My main concern about you getting one would be that it is *essential* that you are able to take it to a qualified herp vet. If I recall correctly you stated in another post that this was not an option for you in regards to your tokays. Almost all of the MHDs in the pet trade are wild caught and need to be treated for parasites immediately after purchase to prevent them from causing a problem in the future (especially with the stress of going from wild to captive and then being moved to a new home). If you aren't able to get this animal the vet care it needs, I would strongly discourage you from getting one.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. tokaygirl55

tokaygirl55 New Member

Okay thank you. I'm checking to see if there's any near my area. The one at the pet co didn't look very healthy.