mouth open

Discussion in 'Iguanas' started by jefftheharleyman, Jun 4, 2009.

1. jefftheharleyman

jefftheharleyman Embryo

Heres the deal, our iguana is pretty tame, about 4 feet long, good health, eats good and even can be hand fed, loves to be rubbed and scratched, etc.... Recently he has really been acting like he wants out of his cage to run around really bad. I know this because when you open his cage to feed him or change his papers, he quickly climbs onto your back before you know it and you have to lay down on the couch and he will climb off. A few days ago this very thing happened and as I sat on the couch, he walked over to me slowly, climbed up on my lap, licking my arm, buttons and whatever....He kept on climbing up to my shoulder just out of my sight. I said jokeingly, "is he gonna bit my ear off?" She said "maybe" and was nervous. she said his mouth was close to my ear and was wide open. then I got nervous too and put him back in his cage. Is that a sign of aggresion? he only done that once before when there were a few new people in the house and he was out, I think he freaked out a litlle. I wasn't going to loose a ear to find out though. Sorry for the long story, but what do you guys think? thanks

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. beefcake

beefcake Member

i wouldnt guess so, he wouldnt climb onto you if he was aggressive toward you. if it is a male it was probably showing aggression to others in the room possibly . im guessing "she" is your wife and ive heard male iguanas show aggression to women.

i dont know much about igs but post the details of your setup/enclosure and im sure someone can help you