Music & Reptiles

Discussion in 'General Lizards' started by EmilyH, May 11, 2004.

1. EmilyH

EmilyH New Member

Anyone else have pets that like music? I had some classical music playing and my leo came out of its cave to listen. It curled up by the rock closest to the radio and just laid there for a while.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. lacerta

lacerta Member

I commend your lizard on his cultured taste in fine music. I also find it refreshing to find a fellow herper that is not into white rap, death metal, or punk rock. It's been my observation that most gecko aficionados are of that ilk. My lizards enjoy contemporary jazz and reggae, as long as I keep the volume at a decent level. I have even noted an increase in hormonal activity amongst my bearded dragons, with much head-bobbing and foot stomping! :wink:
    George

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. EmilyH

EmilyH New Member

Heh. Well, I listen to a variety of music, but you will never catch me listening to rap or heavy metal. I mostly listen to blues & rock, but I do listen to jazz and classical music on occassion. My gecko likes soothing music the best.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. biochic

biochic Well-Known Member

At the right volume, most animals would respond to the constant rhythm of most music. There have been a lot of studies involving both humans and animals that seem to show that constant, relatively slow rhythmic music stimulates the brain and calms agitation. Really fascinating stuff. My gecko has taken to coming out when i play my cd of native american spirit flutes. it's calming, but I think he's responding to the fact that when the music is on, I'm not running in and out of my office like a crazy woman. It means I'm sitting at my desk working quietly for once! LOL!

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. cd

cd Member

My beardies prefer television to the radio :D Darn couch potatoes!
    Ok, they probably prefer it because they get a nice warm gut to sprawl out on from the REAL couch potatoes in this house.
    -Cristine

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. outcold720

outcold720 Member

when ever I play metallica my geckos listen

12. Freaky_pete

Freaky_pete Well-Known Member

Dogders... will sit on my desk listening to Trapt (Pop Rock group) and Nickleback... But she'll watch the sunday night line up (the simpsons King of the hill and Malcome in the middle)sorta funny... LOL I'll try getting a pic of her.. LOL shes watching Discovery channel from her chage right now

13. Freaky_pete

My god... I think I saw her mouth moving while a hilar duff Song was playing... It looked like dodgers was singing along... LOL Creepy but cool

14. Sirch

Sirch Member

my beardies pretty lazy so i dont think he would do that but ill try
    hehe
    pretty cool
    thanx

15. Rimshot

Rimshot New Member

My beardies watch t.v, they run over to the side of the tank facing the t.v, and sit there watching Judge Judy, or what ever happens to be on.
    They'll actually follow me across the tank as i walk over to the t.v. then wait for me to turn on the t.v, but then i won't and walk away.
    they both run back over to the other side of the tank like there upset. another thingis that they get really excited when i play PS2, i guess they like
    the moving objects on the screen

16. Freaky_pete

lol... i was playing progect gotham 2 and dodgers liked the engine sound

17. BeardieGuy

BeardieGuy Member

Mine does, when he used to hide, I'd blare some really loud Disturbed or APC or something and he'd come out and prance around then bask lol
    -mike

18. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

my leopard gecko likes when i put on slipknot n my turtle bobs his head to metallica

19. beansidhe239

beansidhe239 New Member

I have two beardeds, Brendan and Angeal. So far Brendan shows interest in my celtic trad. Angeal only likes to watch "Law and Order" with Daddy. As far as Brendan and TV, he'll watch just about anything, but perks up for a football game...typical male!

20. herpslave

herpslave Member

Mine prefers A perfect circle. Its soothing melodies of maynards voice, and hard rock/ all kinds of cultured musician items like flutes, piano and otehr south african and eastern,western stuff. Like tribe music then it adds some hard rock/ metal/alt guitars and melody. But a calm melody most of the time.

21. Paulito

Paulito Member

Guns n roses, and when ever ashlee simpson or jojo is on mtv my leo comes out. kinda wiered ;)

22. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

my leos seem to like system of a down but my monitor and iguana don't, but they all agree some chopin and rachmaniniv brings is awsome to settle down and listen to.