my anole will not eat; its been 8 days! help fast.

Discussion in 'Anoles' started by rrobinette, Nov 18, 2008.

1. rrobinette

rrobinette Embryo

I got him 8 days ago from the wild. i have done everything right, except for slightly excessive handling the first day by my 7 yr old nephew. He seems fairly healthy, but he will not eat any crickets, and since its been on hunger strike for over a week, now, I am considering taking him to the state park and releasing him, but it is cold and am not sure how he would do. Any suggestions would be great.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. rrobinette

rrobinette Embryo

no ideas? I did plenty of research and found that the best idea would be to let him go. I put him at the bottom of a huge honesuckle bush in my garden, and he immediately seemed very excited. It's still not too cold here in Dallas, so he will have plenty of time to find a good crack in the wall (of my house) to stay warm and happy.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. MimC

MimC Moderator

Sorry - didnt see this till now. You were right to release him, its likely that even though you may have done everything right he was too stressed from the transition from wild to captive

If you want to try Anoles again, try finding some that are captive bred, or at least some well established captives ;)