My babies

Discussion in 'Photos & Photography' started by Infield-0607, Mar 11, 2012.

1. wren152

wren152 Member

I know how that goes! I've got my darlings, and my bf, and his ratties, and I also listen to music all the time! And our lizardy friends, they really do understand, I think. Maybe not actual words or anything, but I know they pick up on tones of voice and emotions. When I'm upset, they're always there for me. : O I think they have more understanding than a lot of people give them credit for. Even amongst themselves. When I lost Brother (the beardie in my avatar pic-I put him down on Jan 30th cuz he had cancer and was going downhill fast) I was really upset, because he filled such a huge spot in my heart, and Baby and Auzzie could tell, and Baby spent a long time just hanging out with me. But also, when we brought Brother back home from the vet, I brought Baby over to him, to show Baby that his Brother (even though they were always territorial towards each other, being boys and all) was gone, and I really felt like he understood. He licked Brother, and it really seemed like he was saying his own kind of goodbye, and then when he was done he looked up at me to say he wanted to go. I mean, it's a sad story, but it really touched me, too, because I feel like Baby knew 100% what was going on. Then I brought Brother's body to my mom's place, and she helped me plant him in her beautiful garden.

Now Baby is totally, madly in love with Auzzie (my girl) and devotes all his carpet time to trying to find a way to climb up to her tank. XD She always attacks him through the glass when I bring him up to her though. She wants to bite his face off. She's so much more brave since I moved her into Brother's old tank. So the story has a happy ending. And my mom planted sweet peas on top of Brother, and told me on his birthday (Feb 19th-he almost made it 4 years old) and that made me laugh because I said 'I guess he can Rest in Peas now?' XDDD

Sorry for the long story. XD I know how you feel about being able to go on forever. I just have less control over myself than you do. XD Hehee.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Infield-0607

Infield-0607 New Member

Don't apologize! I love it when people tell me their stories because im going to be a zoologist and it's cool to know how these beautiful reptiles (reptiles or any animal for that fact) act in the wild or as pets. So please tell all the stories you have lol anyone who has stories I actually welcome! As for Brother I'm sad he passed, but at the same time if he only knew how much he meant to you and understood it that beardie would most happy to know that he made such an impact on someone! Its nice to hear that someone else notices how they can really pick up on vibes to.... my friends thought I was crazy when I told them that Kiwi already knows when im going to feed them just because I start talking to them like they are babies, Kiwi literally will run out and wait for me to replenish the mealworms in their dish and its so cute!! My friends after seeing this are now certain I was telling the truth!! But I do have a few other pics i would like to post of Kiwi since I haven't had a chance since she was shedding and wouldn't come out of her hide but here she is!

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Infield-0607

Infield-0607 New Member

Kiwi1.jpg Kiwi2.jpg Kiwi3.jpg Kiwi.jpg

If anyone can tell me Kiwis morph that would be great, because i have no idea what she is... SO please if anyone has any hint at all post it up! :D

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. lizardgurl87

lizardgurl87 HOTM Winner April

Wow! Kiwi's awesome too of course! :D I'm not good on morphs, just know the more common ones pretty much and I'm still pretty new to all this :p
    And I love all the stories always too! Some other people just think it's weird to tell stories about pet reptiles, since they can't think how we could ever want them as pets I guess. But, they don't know what they're missing out on! Their loss I guess lol
    And the story of Baby being all sexy and showing off made me remember how when I was at my friend's a little bit ago, her beardie puffed at me :) I must've intimidated him or something, but it sort of freaked us out lmao! At first, he was all chill and being cute and next, he was all puffed and showing off! She was surprised too, since she has only had him about a year and it was one of the first times he did it :p
    Also, it's adorable Baby's in love with Auzzie :love: And great your gonna be a zooligist! I'm considering what classes to start taking to build a career now and since I've gotten so into reptiles lately and I've always loved animals anyway, I've been thinking about doing something like that too! When younger, I always anted to be a vet, but now realising I'd have to operate and all-not as appealing lol I'd love to work for a zoo or something I think, but would also love a sort of desk job surprisingly. But, time will tell what path I choose.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Infield-0607

Infield-0607 New Member

Thank you!! All you have to do when it comes to a career is just keep your hopes up high and your head down low (lyrics from ADTR one of my favorite bands!!) literally though, and you can become whatever it is that you want. As for me im choosing zoology mainly due to the fact that growing up in the country and when i say that i mean waaaayyyy out in the country, but my dad and grandad showed me how to live off the land so i was always out in the woods studying, watching, and just really apprectiating nature, maybe its my indian blood but i love the outdoors and animals. That was basically a long way of me saying that i almost feel like i was meant to do something of the sort, I've always just wanted to be with nature... But time will tell and I'll be cheering for ya!! Yall are way to nice on here lol this is my new facebook im tired of getting on there and alll there is, is drama!!

lizardgurl87 likes this.
  10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. lizardgurl87

lol, so true! :D It's so much nicer on here than FB! I love how this is actually discussing real things and not trying to show off :) No one will criticise pretty much at all and if they do, it's in a nice, understanding way. People don't seem to lie here either. And you can talk about what you want.
    And I also live in the country(in Ohio)and I'm somewhat Cherokee Indian lol, that might have something to do with loving nature and all, like you mentioned, but I never considered it. I know what you mean by waaayyy in the country too lol, farms everywhere and nothing but fields and woods :p "Town" is 5 miles away and the closest main road is a few miles. I can't wait to go to somewhere with more civilization-it's always annoying having to make a big trip to a pet store that sells crickets every week, since all the closest one's(well any bigger towns)are at least 30 miles away. And any big city is at least a few hours away.

12. wren152

wren152 Member

Wow! *flails about excitedly* Kiwi is beautiful! I wish I could help you with the morph question, but I'm basically clueless when it comes to almost every morph-related thing, except I can make vague guesses for beardies, but even with those I'm usually totally lost. XD

But anyways, eeeee, I LOVE telling stories! This one time I had a friend over who wasn't into reptiles (she was terrified of salmonella, come on, if anyone was gonna get it, I'd have gotten it, not her. XD ) But anyways, that was the day Brother was on my shoulder and decided to poop, and it was the king of all beardie poops. It got in my hair, down my shirt, on my pants, on my shoes (he ran while he was pooping, that jerk!) and then in seven different spots on the floor! I think he did it just because my friend was there. 8D She was nice, and I have nothing against her, but she's VERY girly, and it's physically exhausting for me to try and keep up anytime I'm around her. XD We haven't hung out in a good long time, also cuz she moved further away. But anyways, here she is, girly as girly gets, and Brother shits on EVERYTHING. And it was SMELLY. After I cleaned it up and put him back in his tank, I had to light a candle because it smelled SO BAD. XD I couldn't even be mad at him.

Just a little while before he passed away, my shoes developed a 3 inch gap (it was only 3/4 of an inch, but then I think I caught it on something) so I bought new sneakers, and the first thing he did when I had him out the next day was climb on them and poop. XD This pair of shoes is truly mine, now!

He used to poop during his time running around on the carpet (I have them out in turns as often as possible) and then when I came over to clean it up, he'd run away and look back like 'IT WASN'T ME.' He'd always act like he was gonna be in trouble. XD It would make me laugh so much.

Okay, enough stories for this post, geez. XD

I'm a graphic designer in training! Currently working for my AA, and then going for my BFA. : D I love it! I use reptiles for anything I possibly can, and I'm literally known for loving reptiles. Muhahahahahaha!

And Lizardgurl: The beardie prolly suddenly decided you were sexy or something. XD Or, were you wearing red? Baby doesn't seem to like red things, for some reason. He's scared of red balloons. And he tends to attack the red leather couch my dad has sometimes when he's on it. Doesn't seem to have a problem with me wearing red, but then again, I don't too often, so I dunno. : O It has to be bright red, to piss him off.

lizardgurl87 likes this.
  13. Infield-0607

Infield-0607 New Member

Luckily I don't have to worry about that with the leos, they really do pick a corner and thats where it is, but your beardie really seems amazing, and it really makes me happy that you have these memories to hold on too, and its clear that they are very dear to you and it's nice to be able to pick up on that just from you telling me stories. I really thank both of you guys for your stories (wren and lizardgurl) it brightens up my day getting on here and seeing these amazing stories you have!!

lizardgurl87 likes this.
  14. wren152

wren152 Member

It brightens my day to tell the stories, cuz Brother was such an amazing, silly character. He had SO much personality. XD Even from beyond the grave, he never fails to make me smile with one silly memory or another.

Baby picks a corner for pooping. He's all neat and clean! Auzzie doesn't though. She poops on EVERYTHING. Literally. I think that every time she poops, she intentionally tries to get it on a different log each time. I don't think she does it to bother me or anything, I think it's just something does that amuses herself. But then she gets into it. XD I'm trying to teach her to swim, because I give her regular baths to keep her poop-free. XD

But yeah. I love my darlings so very much. I love to share stories and happiness related to lizards, especially my wonderful beardies. Lizards have such great personalities. People always think they're emotionless and all that, and as a result they must not have personalities, but that's sooo not true. XD

lizardgurl87 likes this.
  15. lizardgurl87

lol! :D Love all the stories and how they pretty much all involved poop! XD I don't think I was wearing red, but I could've been-any bright color could've scared him possibly. But, I think it was a sudden movement I made or something.
    I've heard you talking about your graphic design stuff and all, which is pretty cool! I know you do different things with photos and you probably design on computer programs too? Are you a good artist I'm guessing?

It's good you enjoy our stories! Yuo must have a few too, right? And I too am glad leo's don't poop as much or anything, it's real easy to clean. At my friends', when her beardie went, I thought I'm glad I don't have to deal with that now!

16. Infield-0607

Infield-0607 New Member

O I have stories galore!! I started dealing with reptiles when I was very young and I have had several tansitions into dog breeding and just taking care of reptiles... My first pets ever were two ball pythons Irwin and Daisy.(Named after Steve Irwin R.I.P. he was my hero and Daisy is named after my mommas favorite flower) I was eight when i first got them and grew up with them. I used to let them out, and one time i was listening to music and it was a weird old rock song but it had bagpipes and they actually like seemed interested so i used to play music for them and they liked it... But sadly those pets were stolen by my mothers friend who abused them and they actually got out of the shelter and killed a whole litter of kittens, so the other person put them down. This broke my heard because I had them for 3 years before she "gave" them to her friends and they never ever bit at me or tried to get out of their cage they were happy... After that i started raising reptiles and pitbulls! So I really do have alot of stories!! Here are my pitbulls and ik that its a reptile site but they are family to me anyways so.... lol

17. Infield-0607

Infield-0607 New Member

caine.jpg Boys.jpg
    Those bad boys are Caine and Roscoe, Roscoe is the front beefy one and Caine is in the back... Caine was a rescue pit that I adopted before they put him down, because he was use as a bait dog when he was lil guy, but I trained him and loved him and spoiled him and now he spends three hours a day outside and if they get too rowdy then on the chain they go... Caine i have had him for 7 years now and Roscoe is from razors edge kennels and he isn't even a year old yet... but they are characters like caine loves saving his gas for when we go on a ride in the truck and then he just lets em rip!! Its terrible but so cute cuz he looks at me like "You do it too" But they are children just like my reptiles which include 4 leos, 1 albino corn snake, an iguana who is being rehabilitated by my aunt who breeds them.. but yea thats my animals!

StikyPaws312 and lizardgurl87 like this.
  18. wren152

wren152 Member

Awww, I'm sorry to hear about Irwin and Daisy! Steve Irwin was so cool. 8D There's a video on youtube of him getting bit in the nose by a beardie. Makes me laugh SO BAD. XD

Your dogs are adorable though! Haha, yeah, but I'm sure no one will mind you posting pictures of your other animals as well as your lizardy ones! I do have a soft spot for pitbulls-it's their face shape, really. They don't have to be bad dogs, it's just how they're treated, and since you're treating them well, I'm sure they're much happier with you!
    Ahahah, I hear about dog farts from my sister too! She says her puppy (Saxon, a black lab/rhody mix) has the WORST puppy farts! XD All dog owners seem to be able to attest to dog farts being terrible smelling! XD

Lizardgurl: haha, yeah, quick movements can do it too! Auzzie (my girl beardie) loves to eat anything she finds on the floor, so I'm constantly watching her to make sure she doesn't eat the specks, and sometimes she's across the room from me, so I run over, and it scares her into puffing up. I just can't let her eat the specks. She's so determined!

But yeah! I took a class for web design, but I have a terrible memory for that kind of stuff, so I doubt I could do that now, even though the class was last semester. XD But I do work in Photoshop (photos and illustration) Illustrator (text alteration and vector images, 1 page layouts, etc) and InDesign (multi-page layouts, books for projects, etc) and although I grew up doing illustration and all that, I don't do it anymore cuz I dont' have enough time with all the HW, BUT my illustration skills have seriously helped me with my design work! Once my current midterms are done, I was actually planning on making a thread to post my school projects in, so that people here have a visual for what I'm talking about when I start jabbering on about my school work. XD

lizardgurl87 likes this.
  19. lizardgurl87

Sad about what happened to your first pets :( Your dogs look great now though! Pitbulls are, like reptiles, commonly mistaken to be what they aren't. They're just stereotyped as "mean and aggresive", but when they are-it's almost always because of a bad owner that abused them since younger. I've heard it can slightly be genetic also, sort of like babies that are addicted to drugs like their parents were in a way. I'm sure you take great care of yours though :) That makes me think I need to get a dog again soon! I've always wanted a full husky and my kid dog was a mutt-yellow lab/husky/collie mix and he was nice.

It is sad about Irwin! I remember I was younger when I heard he died and I was sad. I've seen that video with the beardie too! lol :D It's always cool to see them in the wild, I often think it's weird to imagine guys like leos and beardies in the wild, since I'm so used to seeing them domesticated and spoiled :p

It would be awesome if you started a thread showing your projects! It's very interesting and different(in a good way)that you do that to me! My dad got a pretty nice camera last year as a gift that I've pretty much claimed as my own now lol and I've been getting into photography some (y) It'd be nice to one day get one of the more advanced pro kinds, though it can be sort of an investment.
    This got me thinking about how when it was nice the other day I went outside to try a few nice pics with the camera and here are the best ones:
    [​IMG]
    It was a nice day :)
    [​IMG]
    Some flowers have started blooming now(though small)
    [​IMG]
    Thought I got the focus on the main flowers pretty well here-I've been working on it.
    And these are from a few months ago when I first realised how much I like it and I was getting better at taking pics:[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    They were of a carnation I got from a friend on Vday
    Sorry if I got led astray from the main thread lol, but somehow you always get somewhere else it seems! :rolleyes:

20. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

Great looking pitts! I <3 rescues :) I really just love all dogs... and cats... and about any other animal, lol. But to go back to your question about morphs, Kiwi is a patternless (some people call them leucistic or Murph's patternless). I had a big old boy who I LOVED so much, he lived to be around 10 I think... he was a big patternless piggy of a leo, lol. As for your other guys the 1st in the 1st post looks like she will probably be a normal morph (you'll know more when she is full grown), and the 2nd pic I can't tell because it isn't a full body pic but she's definitely a "baldy" (no spots on her head), and the 3rd pic looks like she will be a high yellow :) Beautiful little babies you have!

21. wren152

wren152 Member

Lizardgurl: Haha, I do tend to get sidetracked all over the place. XD Great start to the pictures though! As an idea, try cropping your photos, when you take them-the picture of the girl with the carnation (is that you? pretty eyes!) is great because it fills the entire composition, and I like your other photos a lot (I'm a sucker for flowers) but try placing the main focus of the photo slightly off center, for a more interesting composition. Otherwise the focus is dead on in the center, and all four edges kinda fade in interest. : D And since spring is just around the corner, there'll be lots of beautiful flowers to experiment with!

Hi StikyPaws! It's cool to hear what morphs the leos are! : D I don't know squat about morphs, but it's always cool to learn what specific lizards are!

lizardgurl87 likes this.
  22. lizardgurl87

Well, thanks for the tips! :) And that is me-self shot, but I managed to still make it good luckily :p
    And again, sorry for getting sidetracked lol ;) It's great you knew the morph too @StickyPaws, I figured someone like you with more experience and all would come on here and say.

23. wren152

wren152 Member

Well hey, good job! I look forward to seeing more of your photos in the future! : D (when I make a thread for my own work after midterms, feel free to post them in there, by all means!)

lizardgurl87 likes this.