my baby corn snake keeps regurgitating

Discussion in 'Corns & Rat Snakes' started by Phillipa, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Phillipa

Phillipa Embryo

hi, please tell me how long my 3 month old baby corn can live without digesting any food.
    He has regurgitated the last 3 pinkies we've given him - basically he hasn't eaten for at least 3 weeks now. I think that I made a few mistakes - first pinkie was too big, second I thawed for too long, 3rd I don't know why it came up. I am willing to wait another week and just feed him a pinkie head at that time. He's so small, even the smallest pinkie seems kind of big for him. I am so worried, however I cannot afford to the excessive expense of taking him to a vet.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

Welcome to the boards! I'm going to move your request to the corn snake forum so more people will be able to see it and respond.
    I'm not the most well versed person in snakes but what is keeping you from trying to feed him now? Why are you waiting until next week? How are you thawing the pinkies? And what is his enclosure like? Temps? Substrate? hides? etc.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. supernova

supernova Member

I hope this was resolved, In the future if anyone has this issue where the food item is too large what I do is Feed them a drumstick from an adult mouse. It's perfectly okay to feed them parts if you feel they can't get a pinky down. I do it all the time, especially with my baby corns.