my baby savannah montior home

Discussion in 'Monitors & Tegus' started by Zmonitor, Jul 29, 2004.

1. Zmonitor

Zmonitor Embryo

i got a new baby monitor his name is rex he lives my room. In a 50 or 60 gallon tank. there are two side of the tank. 1 side is all sand,during the day the temp is about 90 at night it 80. the other side is drit with mosses this is becouse he is startding to shed so i need hight humidity i damp the mosses every day the temp during day is 80 or 85 and night 75( tropical side i call it).

Sorry no pic. if yo have any advice plz. tell me. THANKS!

also i feed my baby sav. about 2 cricket a day think about changeing it to every other day counting on it getting bigger.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Dylacat

Dylacat Member

The tank sounds pretty nice for now...they grow very fast. Some have been known to grow 6 inches in a months time. The temps on the hotter side worries me. The temps need to be a lot higher. From what I understand, they need a basking temp of 115-120*. About how big/old is he? You definately don't want to start feeding it every other day. They love to eat, and depending on his size, he could probably have a larger variety of foods. If you go to this forum: http://www.reptilesmagazine.com/anforum/ and post a question directed to either Drune or ReptileGal, they'll be able to help you a lot better. They have both been keeping sav's for years, and will be able to help you tremendously...they've taught me a lot on sav's.

Hope this helps,
    Rebecca

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Zmonitor

Zmonitor Embryo

well i hade to change my sav home becouse sand is a very bad idea i read in a caring guid book that sand can couses some bad prblem in there scales and dirt,should not be a substance. so now it all fake grass with one side being at 85 or 85 with the heat lamp and the other have the basket lamp beng at 80 not sure about basket lamp temp. i have that infero red bask lamp bulb.