My bearded dragon escaped PLEASE HELP.

Discussion in 'Bearded Dragons' started by Maria Mockbee, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Maria Mockbee

Maria Mockbee Embryo

I went to my moms house yesterday for about six hours. My beardies name is Leo. My tank doesnt have a lid on it. It never has. My bearded has a tree in his tank that can reach to the top. At first when i got the tree i was worried he would get out so i would watch him carefully and take the tree out if i was leaving well i started to trust him more because he had never got out or even tried. He really liked it in his tank i guess. So then i stopped worrying about him getting out. Well last night i came home and he wasnt in the tank! But the tank is on a coffee table so i figured he would be on the coffee table because he would have to fall off the table to get anywhere. Well he is no where near the table. I have looked everywhere in my room. My door was shut and locked but i think he could fit under the door. My air conditioner was on so it was very cold in my room. I have looked under the bed, under the dresses, in the closet, in my dirty clothes. I have looked everywhere i could think of in my room I read online to set up bags, and put dry cat food out. And to put his favorite food out where he could see it. Is there anything else i could do. Im really worried because my house is crazy and he could be anywhere !!! Please help !!!!!!!!!! Am i doing the right things? Is there anything else i could do??? HELP!!!!!

Attached Files:

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Maria Mockbee

Maria Mockbee Embryo

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Maria Mockbee

Maria Mockbee Embryo

I need tips for bearded dragons!!! mine escaped and i need to know if i have done everything right. please let me know...................

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

He's pretty tiny...
    1st - close all the doors and windows to the outside.
    2nd - if you have cats or dogs it might be best to keep them in a room you've searched high and low and are sure he's not in there.
    3rd - set up a heat lamp in the middle of your room close to the floor and possibly put a hide from his tank under the lamp so he has somewhere familiar to go.
    4th - turn off all the lights and step out of the room
    5th - periodically check in your room to see if he's in the basking spot - the only spot for heat during the day.

Try this in a couple rooms until you find him. You can also try getting crickets and keeping them in a critter keeper near the basking spot so if he hears them he would come to it and you can catch him while he's near it.

Please remove the tree and or get a top for the cage :) Good luck!

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Maria Mockbee

Maria Mockbee Embryo

Thank you so much for your feedback !!! Oh yes, i most certainly did!!!! No more tree for him!