My Beardie isnt doing good!

Discussion in 'Bearded Dragons' started by WildTiger, Mar 24, 2014.

1. WildTiger

WildTiger New Member

I am very upset. Going to call vets when they open in a few hopefully they look at bearded dragons. She has been being fussy about what she eats for about a month. So the local pet experts have told me to feed her mealworms as she wouldn't touch her crickets half the time. She has fresh Kale in front of her, and occasionally gets apples and carrots. Fresh water. Well she has stopped eating (2days now). She is skinny and almost motionless. I have soaked her in warm water three times for about 10 min in 2 days. I even got her baby food squash but she wont lick it off her nose very much. I bought her a new UVB light and heat bulb yesterday. As I was reading the UVB coil light I was told to get her was a BAD idea. So bought the 10.0 Tube Repti sun yesterday. Up'd her heat light to 100watt as 75watt didn't see like it was enough. She is in a 30L tank... A few months ago I changed her substrate to walnut shells as I was told it would keep her tank warmer. Kick myself for this. I am putting them back on carpet sooon as I get her to the vet.. I pray my baby girl doesn't die..... I don't know what is going on. She doesn't seem impacted or have MBD..

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. WildTiger

WildTiger New Member

Well my girl went to the vet. She was on antibiotics/vitamin shots every 3 days for a total of 4 shots. I have been force feeding her 3 times a day as directed by the vet. They said keep doing this until she starts eating on her own... They don't know what is going on.... Has anyone else dealt with this?? any suggestions or help???