My Bud is gone...

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by MS_geckobud, Feb 15, 2003.

1. MS_geckobud

MS_geckobud Embryo

My Leo Gecko is gone. He had stopped eating, and I wasn't able to find a vet for him in time. I feel bad, like I didn't do enough for him. Please find a vet before you buy! I will make sure next time that I have someone to take them to if they take a turn for the worse. I do plan to get another leo, maybe a bearded but it will be awhile.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear about your leo. You're very correct in your advice. But then, that rule isn't just limited to reptiles. People should make sure they find a vet that can handle the animal you're going to get before you get the animal.

If you can find a vet now, I wouldn't wait before getting another one. Sure it'll be tough. The new one will remind you of the old one. But through your sadness, you'll build a strong bond with your new one.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. XzyluM

XzyluM New Member

Sorry to hear about your loss. On a better note, welcome to the site.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. natashaccollins

natashaccollins Member

I am so sorry about your Leo, I am sure you did your best for the little thing. Welcome to the stie. :) Have fun here

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. hobotramp

hobotramp Member

Sorry to hear about Bud. I agree with Axe though. Find a vet now and get a new one. it will remind you of your lost pet, but if you wait too long you could start doubting yourself. It's not a replacement pet, but a rememberance one. We went through it with Thoth at the start of January and it actually made it a little easier to remember him by having others around.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. nathanjburt

nathanjburt New Member

Sorry you lost your gecko and I am sure you did your best. It never seems to be easy finding a reptile vet. The closest that Tasha and I have is about 20 miles away :(

Welcome to the site, I am sure you will make a load of friends :)

12. blessedbe

blessedbe Embryo

I'm SO SORRY to hear of your loss and I hope you know,it's not your fault....I also blamed myself with the what if's when my beardies died,but as they say thing's happen for a reason and god only takes the best of us!!!!TAKE CARE!!!
    Tonya