My Burm Did Someting Really Funny

Discussion in 'Other Pythons' started by gecko94, Nov 26, 2007.

1. gecko94

gecko94 New Member

My 9 foot Burm did something I've never seen him do yesterday.When i was taking him out of his cage, he went up through my shirt, out the head hole, and burrowed himself in my hoodie's front pocket, then stuck his head out like he was hiding from something. I wish i had a picture, but he was only in that position for about a minute and a half, so by the time a thought of taking a picture, he started to move, then by the time a got my camera, he was out of my shirt. Well reply back if your burm has ever done this before or anything like this. :)

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. goodwin1234

goodwin1234 Embryo

Aww, i bet he looked so cute :) Personally my burm has never done it but he does do some pretty odd things from time to time lol

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. jeepnphreak

jeepnphreak Member

when my burm was alot smaller he would curl up in the hood of my hoody. Cute and all but choked me a bit ^__^

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. bAlLinLiKeAbOa

bAlLinLiKeAbOa Member

haha, thats awesome. I want one so bad but my dad won't budge.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. jeffg46

jeffg46 New Member

When I had my Burmese (he was 8 1/2 ft when I had to get rid if him) he'd curl up in the couch next to me, put his head on my thigh and just sleep there. When I had a sweatshirt with a front pocket, he'd climb through the pocket and out the other side, then curl up on the opposite side and put his head on my other leg. It was like he thought the pocket would be a warm place but when he found the opening he just went for what he knew. It was neat because no matter who was around, or where I was sitting he would always find me to curl up next to. A few friends just thought he was looking for a warm body, until they saw him seek me out specifically. Of course he was probably just watching over a future meal, and wanted to make sure I stuck around.

They sure can be interesting when allowed to do their own thing (within reason of course). People who don't have to opportunity to see these sort of things just wouldn't understand.

Jeff

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. jeepnphreak

jeepnphreak Member

Its funny you should mention that the snake will seak you out. I have a red tail boa that does the same thing. When we have some people over to look/hold her she get tired of being held after an half hour or so. She will seak me out of the verious people and climb up on me and settle on my shoulders. It show that snake a a bit smarter than we give credit to. She does recognizes me as the place of safty when the activity get too much for her.