My corn is always under the water dish

Discussion in 'Corns & Rat Snakes' started by cwaweeks, Apr 4, 2008.

1. cwaweeks

cwaweeks New Member

I have a 20L tank with a UTH on one end set with a thermostat for the upper 80's (without being home to check, I can't say what the exact temp is). I have 2 hides on the warm side that are almost completely enclosed, and 2 more open hides on the cool side. My corn is never in any of them. He ALWAYS is under the water dish on the cool side. Is there something wrong with my setup? Could it be that he just likes the smaller space under there? The humidity reads 30% in the tank. Any suggestions? Otherwise, it is a happy healthy young snake that eats every week and sheds nicely every 2 months.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Herp__Kid

Herp__Kid Member

mine used to do that all the time. don't worry about it, they like the tight space and juvies don't tend to feel snug in hides.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Ttom_Red

Ttom_Red Embryo

My baby corn did the exact same thing, and I figured it was just what you guessed: likes the really snug areas. So till I go pick up a cheap baby sized hut for her I used a small upside down box with a hole cut into it and for another hide a slightly cut down paper towel roll and she loves them both

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. mattie_girl

mattie_girl New Member

Mine did the same thing until he was about a year old and was too bid to hide there. If you can divide the tank in half that might help.