my dragons

Discussion in 'Water Dragons' started by nickvcg, Mar 9, 2010.

1. nickvcg

nickvcg Embryo

well since i can't seem to get anyone to reply to any of these topics for me this is frustrating and i figured i'd put some pics up:

[​IMG]

this picture is over spice, my larger dragon, on sugar, who knows that spice likes the spot on that particular branch, she shouldn't have been there haha

[​IMG]

better angle

[​IMG]

this is spice on his favorite perch

[​IMG]

sugar loooves crawling through moss, she digs through it jumps onto it and sleeps on a rock embedded in it

My mom is very mad with me about suggesting a larger cage since we just recently got them, but it will only be temporary until this summer when i am going to my grandpa's to make a larger 4x4x6 cage or 4x3x6 cage for them since he's an architect. i'll be putting more pictures of them out of the cage when they calm down a bit more, i've been letting them explore one at a time in my room so i don't lose track of them, but they don't stay still very long to get a good picture.

I'm thinking spice is a male because of his crests and his bottom jowl is bigger than the top part and i think sugar is a girl because she has very small crests and her snout is rounded perfectly, and the back of her neck doesn't have that flap looking piece of skin that spice does. Spice is 14" snout to tail and sugar is 12" snout to tail, both a minty green and spice is getting a peach color on the bottom of his chin, maybe a bit more orange though, but a pretty color none the less.

If anyone has tips for making the new cage this summer, or how to manage my 3'x18"x16" current cage until i make the larger one, i figured they will be fine for the first few months since they are only about 1/3 of the length each and not even long enough to go snout to tail front to back and how should i prevent snout rubbing?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Karlee

Karlee Member

I don't know if this matters any more but I'll answer any way:p. And first off that cage is going to be too small for two of them. I have mine, Jimmety Cricket, in a 6' by 22'' by 15''. They will want to climb and climb high so just saying. Also, make three sides out of non transparent material and the other one glass or plastic (I use plastic since it tends to be not as hard as glass and better at slowing the damage of snout rubbing. This probably won't help now, but I'm posting it any way.