My Furry (And Not So Furry) Friends

Discussion in 'Photos & Photography' started by Karlee, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Karlee

Karlee Member

phpe7SfpNPM[1].jpg
    This is my beardie Cici
    phpj3A7LvPM[1].jpg
    Jimmety Cricket (top) and Candy (bottom) our CWDs
    aaaa.jpg
    This is our two pugs, Mia (bottom) and Zoey (top).
    imagesCAQMNEWX.jpg
    And this is our parakeet Tweety Bird, Tweety for short

Louie and lizardgurl87 like this.
  2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Karlee

Karlee Member

I did NOT post any of my past pets for 1 reason being they can be found in another forums (except Kiki and Philosiphy). 2. is that the only pic I had of Kiki was film and I burried that with her. 3. I just wanted to show you the pets I currently own. 4. Philosiphy, my old macaw, I sold and never took pics of her.

Cherin likes this.
  4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. lizardgurl87

lizardgurl87 HOTM Winner April

Cute! Beautiful parakeet! I like birds, but they never seem to like me lol and love the little dogs like you have! I used to have a lab/golden retriever mix and he was sort of big, but I'm now more into little guys like beagles :) I have always loved huskies though!

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Karlee

Karlee Member

Thanks, Tweety is such a brat and will be territorial over everything. I was watching a movie with my family and Tweety flew over to me and sat by the popcorn bowl. I reached for some popcorn but he bit me and every one trying to get to it. The weird part was that he never even tried to eat the popcorn. We let him free roam the house but we have a cage for him still and we trained him to go in the cage even thought we do find the rare bird droppings. We do have limitations like he cant go in the bathrooms or kitchen, cant go in the garage or our living room (where the front door is). We will let him into the back porch because it has the screening around it but we never let him out there without some one there and he always has a little bird harness on with a piece of yard we attached to it. He doesnt really try to go in these areas and is actually a good bird.

And how ironic, I always wanted a big dog but we have so many small animals I always worry. And Mia and Zoey arent exactly housebroken (lol, our bird is more housebroke than those two) but we still love them. They once attacked Philosiphy and broke her wing which is why we limit them to the kitchen and living room (both blocked off by walls and doors).
    We sold Philosiphy because she was so aggressive and wasnt good to have around small children. We let her free roam as well but she was just so aggressive. She was the one that attacked the dogs, not the dogs attacking her. I was in my bedroom with the three and Philosiphy just attacked Mia with no warning and the dogs ended up breaking her wing (No, I did not let the fight continue, I seperated them almost immeadiantly). Philosiphy was a three year old Hyacinth which we obtained for free from a friend who was moving and couldnt take her bird with her. I think you can see why we sold her five months after obtaining her, we had small children and small pets and if she attacked a dog, I don't want her in the house with them.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Louie

Louie Member

Oh Macaws are so loud. There is a lady like 2 blocks from here with 2 macaws which are out all day in an aviary but she brings in at night.

If I am outside I can hear them. I love the sound , loud they are but not as loud as peacocks.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Karlee

Karlee Member

Yeah, we got her for free from a friend who was moving to aparments and I dont think they would appreciate a Hycanith cawing all day and night. She was really special, just had agression problems. She was also so loud. I remember my dad threatening to shoot it once because we couldnt get any sleep.