My Home Built Tanks,Tree Frog,FBT's,Anoles,RedEarSlider....

Discussion in 'Photos & Photography' started by jodi09, Feb 3, 2005.

1. jodi09

jodi09 New Member

I'm so happy I found this place. Here are a few pics of my family ;)

This is our Anole Lizard/Red Ear Slider Tank that my boyfriend built into a piece of real wood entertainment center. The volcano is a misting system and thats a live plant:) Where the other tank is in the corner is our tree frog for now. His tank is being built into an old real Oak wood big screen TV case (so cool!). After he moves into his new home, that spot will be made into some kind of desert Lizard tank:)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My Tree Frog, Prince:
    [​IMG]
    Smiles:)
    [​IMG]

My Khuli Loach:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Fishies!
    [​IMG]

My African Clawed Frog:
    [​IMG]

You can see my FireBellies here:
    http://www.reptilerooms.com/forumtopic-9142.html

:)

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Hummingbird

Hummingbird Well-Known Member

hey jodi great pics! i love how people have started turning entertainment centers into herp centers!

how much water does your res have? that doesn't look very big and even one adult male res needs at least a 75 gallon tank and a fluorescent tube-type uv bulb.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. jodi09

jodi09 New Member

I'm not really sure how much water it holds, I'll have to ask my boyfriend, but they're just babies right now. My boyfriend already has ideas and plans for bigger ponds for them as they get bigger. He's a Carpenter/General Contractor who loves Reptiles and such so he always has some kind of ideas. He figures if we start them off in small spaces that gives him excuses to build bigger ones...more, more, more...thats how we are with our pets haha

I took those pics with my camera phone. I'll have to take some better ones as soon as I get a good digital camera. I have a million more pics, but I need to upload them.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. tigor9117

tigor9117 New Member

i love the design of the first tank.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. jodi09

jodi09 New Member

Thank you ;)

Jodi

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. passionswave

passionswave New Member

that is one kick arse tank setup you got there with the entertainment center. I have been planning on doing something like that forever now. I'm such a procrastinator though.

12. jodi09

jodi09 New Member

Thanks. We actually got that entertainment center at a yard sale for $20 and it's real wood! It's really handy too beacuse behind the doors below the Lizard/RES tank is where we keep our crickets. They have their own setup in there. We keep all of our supplies in the rest of the drawers. It's so easy to have it all there.

Jodi

13. Hummingbird

i see, well that sounds good, then. you'll still need to get a fluorescent tube-type uv bulb, though. they always need that.

i'm kind of an amateur carpenter, myself (very VERY amateur - lol). wish i had a carpenter boyfriend . . . ah heck i just wish i had a boyfriend period! lol!

14. xile

xile Member

I would take that volcano out. I have heard a few stories of reptiles getting in there and completely frying to death. I actually heard one about 3 days ago about this guys boa... Horrible. It was burnt to a crisp... literally...

15. Hummingbird

:shock: ;) :cry:

16. jodi09

jodi09 New Member

Wow. We haven't had any problems and we've had it going over a month now. There's a grate at the top there so I don't see how our Lizards could ever get far enough in there to get hurt. I think they're safe. The only reason they ever even go by the volcano is to lick the water off the glass of the tank itself, never actually on the volcano. They spend pretty much all of their time on that branch and when they're not on there, they're on the glass somewhere.

Boyfriends are fun....especially when they build you stuff. He just built a bookcase that one of our fish tanks is going to fit itno...really neat. I'll take pics as soon as we get it set up. Next he's building us a bar that will have a built in fish tank! Can't wait for that!

Jodi

17. jodi09

jodi09 New Member

Also about the volcano...we control it. It only works when we put water in it and plug it in. We have a timer for it, but haven't set it up yet.

About the UV. The bulb that we have during the day is not just any old light bulb...it's special for them with everything they need. We buy them from the pet store. We also have a special one for overnight.

Jodi

18. Hummingbird

no incandescent (pear-shaped) bulb puts out all of the proper uv wavelengths. period. you must also get a fluorescent tube-type uv bulb. you need a fluorescent tube-type uv bulb about 1 foot directly above the main basking area. the best uv lights for aquatic turts are the ReptiSun 5.0 ( ReptiSun Pic and Info) or the Iguana Light 5.0 (Iguana Light Pic and Info) or the Desert 7% (Desert 7% Pic and Info) or the ReptiGlo (ReptiGlo Pic and Info).

19. Reilly

Reilly Embryo

Wow thats a cool tank setup. I like your pics.