MY NEW ANOLE WILL NOT EAT!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Anoles' started by Kittykatkayla, May 8, 2006.

1. midgetmunky13

midgetmunky13 Member

dude mine was like 15 bucks.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. midgetmunky13

midgetmunky13 Member

well at least u have green lazers, 18 drinking age and cheap meds. lol that would suck tho. is everything for herps expensize there?

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Kittykatkayla

Kittykatkayla Embryo

o sry i really do have a uvb light so all i need is some live crickets!thanxx so much guys!I am determined to get this thing to stay alive

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Kittykatkayla

Kittykatkayla Embryo

so what???

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. pigger93

pigger93 Member

and dude its sweet all th4e hospitals and stuff is free but ya the herp stuff is a bit more depending on what your buying

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. pigger93

pigger93 Member

so ya kinda

12. pigger93

pigger93 Member

living the good life:p

13. Kittykatkayla

Kittykatkayla Embryo

ok well thanx again my lizard might live now!lol

14. Kittykatkayla

Kittykatkayla Embryo

o one more thing i bought my lizard chrickets yesterday so how many a day should i fed my anole?

15. midgetmunky13

midgetmunky13 Member

if u have just on3e i would put 3 in...also wat size ckickets u get?

16. Kittykatkayla

Kittykatkayla Embryo

i got small crickeets is this ok?

17. souledge

souledge New Member

u need to use live crickets u said u were using store bought dried ones chances are the onole doesnt recnize this as food because its not moving

18. Kittykatkayla

Kittykatkayla Embryo

o no i have bought real crickets now but thanx souledge.I was just wondering if small live crickets is ok for my anole since he too is very small

19. midgetmunky13

midgetmunky13 Member

yes small is the best al through their life but if it gets really big like 7-8 inchies (ud need a biiiiiiiigggggg tank) u could give it meduim sized ones. just stick with small now

20. Kittykatkayla

Kittykatkayla Embryo

thanx so much my anole is right now feasting away on his crickets. lol i am so happy because carol is soon going to get a friend because on saturday i am going to get a new anole.Should i get a male or female?

21. Fable

Fable New Member

Whoa! Kittykatkayla wait a second. I think you need to devote a little more time to carol. (just my opinon) Now you first need to find out if carol is a he or a she. Males cannot go together so if carol is a male get a female. If she is a female it really doesn't matter but carol would be better off with a female. I think you should just wait a little while, like a month. I know you are excited about your new anole and want to get another and beleive me I know the feeling. :D I just tink Carol should get to settle into his new and imporoved home and enjoy it!!! :)

P.S. Good luck with what you do!!!! :) :)

22. midgetmunky13

midgetmunky13 Member

ya i would just wait. i got my 2nd liz like 2 months later

23. Kittykatkayla

Kittykatkayla Embryo

o thanx yeah i think carol is a female though because she does not have the big pink dewlap thingy and i will take your advice on the waiting thing.Is there any other way to tell if she is a he or she lol?

24. Kittykatkayla

Kittykatkayla Embryo

hey does anyone know how to get a pic when they post stuff on the forums

25. Follow_the_lies

Follow_the_lies New Member

Are you misting the cage? That was my problem for a bit, he was dehydrated even though he had a water bowl they don't like to drink out of bowls, it's good to have one, but they really drink off leaves when you mist the tank. Also it's important to keep your UVB light close, it should be within a foot of the basking spot, you said you had a big cage so that could be part of the problem... And this is a pretty old thread, is everything okay now?