My new BEL! = ) (DUW)

Discussion in 'Photos & Photography' started by JEFFREH, Nov 9, 2011.

1. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

Ha, well... Her enclosure would likely disappoint you. It's a 6qt sterilte container, with aspen, a PVC coupling to hold a 2oz water dish and a Hide. Always had good success rearing this species with extreme simplicity - I can still post pics if you'd like. I actually had planned on posting photos of my Crested Gecko and Beardie custom made enclosures that are built into an entertainment system. I think you'd take a greater liking to those and my custom made Boa viv = )

If I bred a male BEL of the same genetics to her, all resulting offspring would be BEL's like the parents The Blue-Eyed Leucistic is a "super form", AKA the Homozygous form of the Codominant traits Lesser/Butter/Mojave/Russo. She is specifically a Butter/Leser combination of the BEL. Thats probably pretty darn confusing... I can elaborate more if you'd like. Ball pythons are amazing snakes... their morphology is unlike any other herp out there. You can literally design your own snake through selective breeding, the genetics behind these guys is probably my favorite thing about them!

If you look at the pic of the parents, the Butter and the Lesser. Odds per each egg would be 1/4 BEL's, 1/4 Normal Ball Pythons, and 1/4 Butters and 1/4 Lessers.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Cookie17

Cookie17 HOTM Winner June

Ah okay... I somewhat understand...So if you bred her with a male of the same color, they'd look like this lil one's parents?
    Also, post pics away! I LOVE seeing them, I tell ya! :D

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Shanna66

Shanna66 Well-Known Member

so long as the quality of the morph is good im not picky. i havent looked up morph prices in a couple years, did the price of leutistics drop that far or does he just sell them for that cheap? last time i looked them up they were $12,000, or maybe i just found an ungodly expensive website.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

The Ball Python Market is an interesting one - prices drop fairly rapidly but all of the morphs are still "expensive" to the majority of people. For example: Spiders were running ~$10,000 in 2003. Now you can pick up a male for ~$125 if your lucky... less than 10yrs. When the Black-Eyed Leucistics first popped out - Mike Wilbanks was selling Fires for $50,000 and BlkEL's for $200,000 (Not joking). Now you can snoop up Fires for a couple/few hundred bucks and BlkEL's for ~$1500-2000.

So over the course of a couple of years, prices can drop quite a bit. Depending on popularity, demand, recessive, codom vs dominant traits, male vs. female, etc... you can expect to see at least a couple hundred dollar drop for a morph each year. As far as BEL's go - I've seen a couple of Super Mojave's go for less than a grand...even in the $800 range...and I've seen Super Lessers for as low as $1k. You might have just found a very expensive website - or if it was a few years ago thats probably what they were actually going for! I remember Ralph Davis in one of his videos said he made a $120,000 trade for a BEL and it was probably ~8 years ago... So I'm sure somewhere in the last few years they were running at $12k at some point.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Cookie17

Cookie17 HOTM Winner June

Jeff,
    How did he go about shipping the snakey? Styrofoam lined box... did he use heat packs? if so, what"life" span of heat packs (72 hr, 48 hr, etc), did you happen to take more pics of the shipping container? I'm wondering because my fiend wants to ship a snake to me, and she may need some help :) thanks!

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

Cookie17 likes this.
  12. Shanna66

Shanna66 Well-Known Member

ive been spazzing out to my sister about how pretty your little girl is and how much the price has dropped, she thinks i should ask the entire family to put money together to buy me a girl for a christmas gift next year lol

and those price drops are crazy!