My new Bumble Bee, Alexander!

Discussion in 'Ball Pythons' started by Reid, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Reid

Reid Banned

Hello, guys! I thought I'd introduce you to my new Bumble Bee Ball Python, Alexander!! :D IMAG0363.jpg IMAG0365.jpg IMAG0366.jpg

geckolover22, Louie, Cammy and 3 others like this.
  2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. ajlista

ajlista Well-Known Member

AHH HOW CUTE! :D hes beautiful

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. dogking

dogking HOTM Winner September

lucky.....lol! it looks great though!

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. lizardgurl87

lizardgurl87 HOTM Winner April

Wow! That's one of the morphs I was considering! :D I saw a nice bumblebee/spider morph that was pretty similar(though with spider markings)that I might get if I can find, but we'll see! There's always so many to choose from!
    Where did you get him? Do they have morphs at Petco? I don't get there often. We're you planning on him? He looks pretty young too, it's even better to watch them grow! :)

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Reid

Reid Banned

I got him from Kingsnake, and not really. We sometimes get a pastel in, but besides that it's always regulars. And yes, Bumble Bee is one of my favorite morphs. He's very young. I can't wait to watch him grow C:

lizardgurl87 likes this.
  10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. ajlista

ajlista Well-Known Member

Also i dont know much about snakes other than my bp, how often are you going to feed this particular snake, i know some people feed their snakes every month where others every week. And what do you plan on feeding it this early? and if it will eventually get up to a size like a large rat?

12. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

Oh he's awesome! Congrats!

13. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

He's gorgeous Reid! Congrats! = )

Bee's are some of my favorites, hard to beat the pattern of a spider combined with the beautiful yellow influence of the pastel.

lizardgurl87 likes this.
  14. Louie

Louie Member

Wow stunning.

15. geckolover22

geckolover22 Well-Known Member

JEALOUS...

16. WingedWolf

WingedWolf Member

Ball pythons should be fed once per week, though some will feed hatchlings every 5 days until they are a year or two old. Newly hatched ball pythons eat fuzzy rats or hopper mice, but within months graduate to adult mice and crawler rats. By the time they're 6 months old, many are accepting hopper rats, and yearlings may take hoppers or small rats. Adult female ball pythons generally eat medium rats, though a few exceptionally large females may eat large rats. Most male adults eat small rats (a few big boys eat medium).
    The general rule is that you should feed a prey animal that is as big around as the widest part of the snake.

Baby snakes fed once per month are being starved. There are some species in which adults may be fed once per month, but ball pythons aren't among them. Adult pet ball pythons that are not breeding may be fed once every 10 to 14 days, but most choose to feed them weekly, perhaps on a slightly smaller rat, if they need their weight to be controlled.

17. naykid

naykid Member

Wow....that is so cool:eek: Ive been out of the snake hobby for so long, i don't know about all these morphs.