My Next Snake- A Jungle Carpet Python

Discussion in 'Other Pythons' started by Janice, Sep 12, 2005.

1. LewsKinslayer0

LewsKinslayer0 Well-Known Member

About how long each day did you handle your girl? The same as they say for corns around 20 min?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. kavinos

kavinos Member

yeah about that. But its not the handling, when there out there fine. But I still wear a glove to pick her up. The difference between corns and pythons is that a corn will nip you, the python will cause a serious wound. Saying that, they do tame right down so dont let it put you off. There great snakes.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. LewsKinslayer0

LewsKinslayer0 Well-Known Member

That makes sence since the python is a much bigger snake. Would a hook be good to get them out or just a leather glove. So handle them until the are nice and clam and put them back so they don't learn that biting gets them put back.

With handling do they tend to find a spot and just hang out there or are they constantly moving like corns? I know I am nervous moving around with our corn just incase she escapes from me.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Janice

Janice ReptileBoards Addict

I love the black and yellow colors of the jungle carpet. I am going to be vigilent at offering rats. I have two mice eating snakes right now (one who is just refused them and one who is too small). I would like to get all mice snakes on rats eventually, but Jake the cornsnakes just goes nutty when we offer him a rat.
    So the chances of a baby jungle being on rats already is pretty slim?

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. tjhallock

tjhallock Member

Going for a Morelia eh? Beware of the long teeth as I advise you.. :)

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Janice

Janice ReptileBoards Addict

Thanks for the warning!!! (i think) :)

12. kavinos

kavinos Member

yep, nice warning :) they have got a strong bite. A baby jungle probably wont be on rats, you do need to get them on them though. The nutritional difference is noticable when young, and also you dont want to have to feed several mice at a time.

When they eat there big eaters, when they dont there a pain. But I love them.

Lewis, there isn't really any need for a hook, there not that nasty, a leather glove will be fine.

ohh.. looked round and shes shedding, bless.