My "Reptile Room"

Discussion in 'Photos & Photography' started by ReptileRhett, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Sharman Wisdom

Sharman Wisdom HOTM Winner December

I like hedge hogs, I had one for awhile. Now I have rabbits, AZ has a law where you can't keep them here, it's stupid!

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Sharman Wisdom

love hedge hogs!

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Sharman Wisdom

far wall.jpg left corner.jpg left wall.jpg View attachment 1995
    far wall: Red tailed boa, Savannah monitor, baby Leopard tortoise, 2 Kenyan sand boas, 2 baby corns, hissing cockroaches, 2 parakeets.
    Left corner: My big Green iguana, Bearded dragon, woma python, Horned frog.
    Left wall: Tokay gecko, rabbit, blue tongue skink, african house snake.
    I still need to post two more pics.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

So cute!!!!!

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. mr_andrew

mr_andrew Member

Wow... it seems like taking care of all those animals would be a full time job! I would love to have a tonne like that, and I've got the room... just not the time. Nice collection!

ReptileRhett and Sharman Wisdom like this.
  10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Sharman Wisdom

Thanks, yeah it is nice and it does take a lot of time but #1. I don't have kids don't ever plan to #2. I only work two days a week and my job is seasonal which means I work from March to October. Otherwise I am mainly a housewife.

12. ReptileRhett

ReptileRhett New Member

I'm jealous of your Woma Python! I've always loved them! How's big is he/she?
    Does your Tokay like to bite? ;)

13. Sharman Wisdom

He is about two feet long, very tame! My Tokay does bite and makes a loud noise. I don't handle it unless cleaning it's terririum out.

ReptileRhett likes this.
  14. JoseOnAStick

JoseOnAStick New Member

How in the world do you keep the thermal gradients right with the basking spots while they are stacked that high? Let alone, now, pay out a ton in electricity for air conditioning with all those heat bulbs? I love the corner pen for the tortoises, I think I am going to do the same for my roommates' pair to conserve on some space. The big boxy table type is getting on my nerves as it's just right there in the room. And I notice you have what appears to be a Nile baby....... I really hope for your sake that you know what you're getting yourself into, because I had one nearly throughout its lifespan and EVERYTHING in that room is hardly a snack all day for it (maybe not a good snack, but a food response is a food response). I miss my Nile nonetheless; she was a big girl and probably the most gratifying challenge to keep that I've ever had.

15. Holmes

Holmes New Member

I must say you have an amazing array of animals! I do think a chameleon would make a nice next addition though ;) (they're my favorite, and it seems like that's the only one missing!)

Your reptiles all look as if they are in great shape and the room is very impressive

16. JoseOnAStick

JoseOnAStick New Member

He needs a Panther Cham :p

17. ReptileRhett

ReptileRhett New Member

I've owned chameleons before, they are so difficult though. I was going to breed Panther Chameleons, but I made the mistake of feeding them simultaneously, and they got their tongues stuck together. I actually wouldn't recommend chameleons to anyone, but they are also one of my favorites too. :)

18. Sporkanamous

Sporkanamous New Member

Your animals are all so gorgeous!! I think I might steal some of the pictures ;)

19. ReptileRhett

ReptileRhett New Member

Thank you!! and have at it Sporkanamous!!