My Tokay-Goliath!!!

Discussion in 'Tokay Geckos' started by ___LIAM___, Jun 20, 2007.

1. my_baby_anoles

my_baby_anoles Member

Ok...I am sorry, I know I am not being THAT supportive. Thank you for showing us your tokay, he is a nice looking lizard. You might want to get some pictures of your WD and the tank they are in, maybe it is big enough and maybe they will leave each other alone, it would just make me feel better seeing what they are in and how it is set up. If there are enough hiding spots for the tokay, then amybe they will leave each other alone, but just understand that we have seen bad things happen and just worry.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. ___LIAM___

___LIAM___ Embryo

ok just doing pics now

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. ___LIAM___

___LIAM___ Embryo

ok i just took these,heres my viv(theres a cork tunnel in the bottm left and cork hide top right)
    [​IMG]
    heres one of my cork hides covered in vines(you can just see the tokays tail poking out the top)
    [​IMG]
    and heres my wd
    [​IMG]

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. my_baby_anoles

my_baby_anoles Member

ok...so to be supportive, the tank looks Freaking wicked, and both the lizards look in good health...and by the looks of it, your WD is a male? Nice and green, fat, healthy looking...still do not really agree with them being in together, but if you believe they will be ok...it looks like there is enough space for them to keep their distance. (hopefully) but do try to be careful...and have you ever fed your wd pinkies? he is definetly big enough to eat them....

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. vladvancia

vladvancia New Member

yeah, it looks really nice. perhaps you can put more branches ? the tokays really like to jump, just a simple opinion :p.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. ___LIAM___

___LIAM___ Embryo

thanks, ya my wd loves fuzzys but only if i shake them.i will try to find some more suitable branches.

12. pauliox1

pauliox1 New Member

Well they do both look healty and its a nice looking viv. Try not to get too upset if people disagree with you. Ive been told a few times on RR that im wrong and I know it doesn't always feel good. But once you understand that everyone here (99.9% they are people who get banned once in a while for being total idiots) are animal lovers they get very...wound up.. for lack of a better expression.I may not have alot of posts under my belt but I come on this site most days, and I personally, would take any advice that 00luke00 gives without thinking twice. He knows ahell of alot and I feel he deals with problems etc very well and I am glad hes a mod on this forum. So if you don't take his advice this time then just think about what he says in the future. That goes for most other people on here as this forum really is a wealth of extremely experianced and brilliant herp keepers.
    So yeah... no one wants to sound rude or nasty as people have different opinions. Its human. But sometimes, just sometimes, other peoples opinions are worth taking note of :)

P.S. Honestly, your lizards look great :D lol!

13. 00luke00

00luke00 Well-Known Member

Ah, thanks paul! Yeh, all i really want to do is help, not cause arguments, and if it does come accross that way sometimes, i apologise. I don't mean to come accross like this, it can just sometimes be a little frustrating when all you're trying to do is help and people wont listen.

Yes, your lizards do look very healthy, but that is ATM. If youve only had the tokay 8 weeks, things could change. Infact regardless of the amount of time you have had your tokey things could turn. All it would take is one foot out of place from either of the reptiles and you could have a dead reptile on your hands, and i wouldn't wish that on anyone.

I hope you take this advice, or atleast take in what im saying. I can almost guarentee you that if you seperated your herps they would live happier lives without the sort of stress they are inevitably going to encounted when housed with another species.

14. ruksgotthebucks

ruksgotthebucks New Member

sorry but i agree with most,i have 2 wd's and many geckos,among other things,im no expert,but i have seen first hand at pet stores what happens when species are paired when they shouldnt be,wd's should only really be paired with basilisks,ive seen them eaten by others,tokays are very agressive when they wanna be,but he is gorgeous,and ur wd looks great,and the viv rocks

15. my_baby_anoles

my_baby_anoles Member

now that WD's and basilisks are being brought up...a friend of mine housed a female of each species together..now the only reason I did not dispute that one, EVER, was because they were fed in seperate tanks (away from each other) and slept together...he had the rubber umbrella plants in their tank, and his WD would sleep on some branches, all sprawled out, and his brown basilisk would sleep directly ontop of the WD! they never ever fought, argued, or anything, it was so cute...normally I would argue that, but they were just too peaceful to not let them sleep together. oh yeah, and they only bathed together, would not go in their pool alone...

16. ___LIAM___

___LIAM___ Embryo

i took this this mourning,when he first barked at me it made me jump,lol.thenhe bit me but it was just like a hard tug.he sits on the wall and basks sometimes with my wd sitting next to him.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. tomtom

tomtom New Member

I am no expert, but I have a WD and I tried to house 2 together and the bigger one kept attacking the smaller one. I returned the smaller one for his safety. I know you have had your WD for a year, and I have only had mine for 3 months, I can tell you that even in my 5'x5'x2 viv I would not put 2 together, let alone 2 different species. now if you can tell us in a couple months nothing has gone wrong then thats great, I would be happy for you, and the decision is completely up to you, so I hope everything works out well.