my turtle is acting funny!! :)

Discussion in 'Turtles' started by teiryklav, Mar 11, 2009.

1. teiryklav

teiryklav Member

i was looking at archelon today and seen her playing with a rock.. she put the rock between her flippers and infront of her head, then began playing and pushing water to the stone. its like vibrating..
    very funny!! :) :)

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Rick78

Rick78 New Member

It sounds like your she is a he. Many male slider type turtles rub the face of the female with the back of the front claws. They will also vibrate them against her face. Just an idea from your description.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. teiryklav

teiryklav Member

but looking into 'its' belly it looks like a she. its flat, a bit convex.. isnt it a she?

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Rick78

Rick78 New Member

That's not how you tell sex on those. That applies more to box turtles and some torts. Can you take a pic and post it? Males are smaller with long front nails and a longer tail.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. teiryklav

teiryklav Member

oh so thats probably a male..
    haha ^^ :rolleyes:
    thx

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Rick78

Rick78 New Member

I just realized you were in Indonesia. What kind of turtle is it? I may be wrong. I was thinking you had a red eared slider or some other type of slider.

12. teiryklav

teiryklav Member

i think its a RES, its most common here. but i dont know, they said this turtle to be brazilian turtle, so.. i dont know what species mine is. but after i browse for some RES pics, they look similar, but i know some slider turtle are similar, but yaa.. dunno la..
    thx..