My two green anoles refuse to eat!!!!!

Discussion in 'Anoles' started by geopard lecko, Nov 27, 2012.

1. geopard lecko

geopard lecko New Member

I just bought two green anoles from PETCO. They both were in the same tank together and seemed really happy in there. I have had them for a week now and havent seen either one eat. i put 5 crickets in there with a slice of potato so they will have something to eat and the anoles havent touched the crickets at all there. I have a 10 gal tank with a basking lamp and a 5.0 tropical uvb lamp also. I am using ground up coconut fiber for my substrate and I have a hide, fake plant, and a branch for them to climb on. I mist them once daily and have a small fountain in there too. Night time I turn on my night heat lamp. They never seem to move from the plant. I think there is something wrong. They were active in the store but now they are very still and stay brown constantly. they only turn green at night when they are sleeping. I regularly check the temperature and it usually stays in the range of 75-85 degrees. I did all my research before i bought them. so Im not so sure on what to do. Im afraid they are going to die if they dont eat something. Also i noticed that has white flaky stuff coming out of ones nose. Any help is appreciated. I have a huge soft spot for reptiles and I hate to see them suffer.