My Uros are spoiled

Discussion in 'Uromastyx' started by naykid, Apr 22, 2012.

1. naykid

naykid Member

IMG_0626.JPG IMG_0623.JPG IMG_0625.JPG Just picked a bushel of dandelions, cut them and washed them. I made a wondeerful salad w/a sprinkle of flowers on top:)

Louie, StikyPaws312 and lizardgurl87 like this.
  2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. ajlista

ajlista Well-Known Member

Lol i dont know much about uros but it looks like he eats better than I do :D lol , nice salad and what kind of knife is that if you dont mind me asking lol, i cook a lot and im looking for new knives, and this probably isnt the best topic to ask but just wondering, lol
    Thanks

naykid likes this.
  4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. lizardgurl87

lizardgurl87 HOTM Winner April

Nice, didn't know Uro's ate veggies, but beardies do, so I could see it now :) You're also lucky you have it warm now! The past few days here have been suddenly cold, where before it was nice spring/summer temps! The weather is sucking lately lol, well make sure to try to get pics of your Uro's eating! I don't remember ever seeing pics or your Uro's? Though, I may just might not be remembering.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. naykid

naykid Member

IMG_0132.JPG IMG_0440.JPG IMG_0265.JPG IMG_0436.JPG IMG_0264.JPG They are about 7mo old. Check out DeerFernFarms.com Maili VooDoo are the ones i have. All they eat is veg. The temp here in Utah is in the 80's today:)

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. mr_andrew

mr_andrew Member

Nice pics! I see your uro's love to make a mess, just like mine!

naykid likes this.
  10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. naykid

naykid Member

The best knifes i'v ever had Santoku from "The Pampered Chef". I'm not sure if you know of this kitchen gadget business. My wife bought them about 5yrs ago, and they still seem new.

12. dogking

dogking HOTM Winner September

nice uros! dude....that website you said sells uros also sells savannah cats....thats pretty awesome...

13. ajlista

ajlista Well-Known Member

I've heard of the pampered chef, im looking for something not too expensive, were they an extremely large amount of money?

14. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

They probably are pretty expensive if they were from pampered chef! Love those parties! Lol. They are a consumer based direct seller - AKA they only sell at home parties, not in stores.

Naykid - they look so happy laying in their food bowl, lol. Mine makes SUCH A MESS OMG! I thought it was just mine, glad it's not, lol. Nice pics!

15. naykid

naykid Member

I think the large one was only around $25, and our small was about $12. My wife hosted a party so she could get them at a discount price, but i think they are around $45,& $20 Thats all we use, just the two. When you think about it, you don't use all the knifes in a whole set, at least we don't. You can buy them seperatly. Again they are around 5yrs old, and they are like new. We use them EVERY DAY. Just find someone that sell them host a party and get a discount, or if your party sells enough you could get them for free:)

16. naykid

naykid Member

DDF is da BoMB! I don't know very many Uro breeders, however, Doug Dix-owner of DDF-is very knowledgeable. I am sure king snake is great breeder to deal with too. My experience has been only with Doug. For example, one of my Uro's came down with pnuemonia after only 1 month of ownership and it died. He sent me a replacement free of charge! Really?!?! Who does that? Any issue or question I've had, he has been very quick to respond-either by email or phone-which I prefer the latter anyway. I highly recommend DDF to anybody looking for dry product or livestock:)

17. lizardgurl87

lizardgurl87 HOTM Winner April

Love em'! :p I didn't know they only ate vegs, cool! Maybe I'll get one someday, though they do need pretty high temps I hear, but that shouldn't be to hard to maintain in those nice temps in Utah! In Ohio, the weather's just been crazy! It should be spring! At least the winter wasn't very snowy, but I guess this is payback :confused: What size tank do you have them in?

18. Louie

Louie Member

19. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

The substrate is millet. It's a kind of seed actually and they love it (at least mine does, lol). I have mine on tile because he's younger and an ornate uro but millet is a good substrate to keep them on after they are considered hatchlings.

20. naykid

naykid Member

SANY0543.JPG SANY0622.JPG IMG1ofnewsetup.JPG
    My Uro tank is a 300gal. It was my discus tank with a forest of live plants. It was amazing untill it sprung a leek:( I did some reconfiguring and whalaa a lizard tank.

21. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

That is a seriously large tank you have! Sheesh!

22. naykid

naykid Member

Ya...my wife puts up with my projects. They are never small, or simple.