My Water Dragon

Discussion in 'Water Dragons' started by Primate, Jan 1, 2006.

1. i_3_Scooter

i_3_Scooter New Member

from what i've read they're big fans of fish too :D. that's what i'm waiting for :D lol.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Primate

Primate New Member

Thanks for the complement Kirstie! :) I haven't been able to find silkworms yet, but he is now eating a few superworms once a week and the usual steady diet of crickets of course. As a sidenote, I have started to gather a fairly large following of various anoles near my front porch wher eI keep the cricket keeper. When I feed Zakk I toss a few into the yard and the anoles go crazy. ha ha ha

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Ryan1990

Ryan1990 Well-Known Member

Or superworms, i dont know if they are sutable for water dragons but are great feeders for many other lizards and are quite large (about 3inches long).

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Primate

Primate New Member

I've fed mine fish on several occasions. It is actually more comical than anything. They end up drinking alot of water they didn't want let's just say. I found that the best result for that is to place a small amount of water in a small dish and serve them that way, otherwise they can be very difficult to catch.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. i_3_Scooter

i_3_Scooter New Member

lol, that's a good idea. i'll remember that :D thnx

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Primate

Primate New Member

well, I fed Zakk a couple of pinky mice today for the first time ever! He pounced on them like white on rice. It was sort of gross seeing as he crushed them up then swallowed them, but hey, if they are good for him then so be it. ;)

12. Primate

Primate New Member

post surgery pic update :wink:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. geckotlc

geckotlc New Member

He's beautiful!!! I love the line of black from his eyes... makes him look like a punk rocker.

14. WTR_DRGN_MASTER

WTR_DRGN_MASTER New Member

wow he is bea-utiful, good luck with him>