Natural Crestie terrarium help.

Discussion in 'Rhacodactylus (Crested) Geckos' started by Geckonator, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Geckonator

Geckonator Embryo

Hello everyone! I recently got a juvenile Crested gecko and was planning on creating a natural terrarium for him (I think he'll like it better than plastic plants). I've been doing some research about them but all I can seem to find are amazing pictures with no helpful tips. I would really appreciate it if anyone could let me know what kinds of plants/substrate/climbing surfaces are good. Also any pictures would be very nice,
    Thanks.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

Natural vivs are awesome! They're really fun to set-up and once you have the nack on how to do it you can do bigger things like custom backgrounds that the real plants can grow in and around and waterfalls and whatnot... here is a link to a couple videos that you can watch and they should give you a good base idea on what you want to do and how to do it... Also you might want to try looking up poison dart frog vivariums/terrariums because most people make living terrariums for pdfs and newts and more exotic gecko types like phants.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Geckonator

Geckonator Embryo

Thanks! These vids were a great help. Can't wait to get started!