NE laws

Discussion in 'Reptile Law & Legislation' started by lizardlove, Oct 19, 2004.

1. lizardlove

lizardlove New Member

i just moved from nebraska and i had to leave my green iguana in my mother's care. a law was recently passed to make all herps that exceed 5 feet illegal. now my iguana must be kept carefully or he could be taken. i don't even want him to be in the window anymore. it makes me very sad to think that he can't spend a summer day out in the yard as we used to do often. :cry: these laws have banned green iguanas and red-tailed boas and countless others. any animal can be dangerous- what about the pits and dobermans? it's all situational.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. *~Amanda~*

*~Amanda~* Member

omg are you serious?! but hey i keep ducks and im in the city! lol so yeah you shouldnt have a problem!

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. lizardlove

lizardlove New Member

NE and IA have been making crazy animal restrictions lately and i'm glad i don't have to be there anymore. all these reptiles are illegal, and soon all pitbulls will have to be muzzled when outside. i have friends there that are going crazy with these laws. one has the 2 sweetest pits i've ever seen- they're names are fifi and duke for god's sakes. seriously, it's just legal discrimination.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. *~Amanda~*

*~Amanda~* Member

awwww!!! lol, yeah the poor pitts are getting a bad rep. i thought you were gonna say like the law is gonna be like mich. were you have to be18 or older to own one! because of the pitt fighting! but thas just sad! i would be like taking it for walks and if i get busted say its a American Staff. mix... and then if they ask for papers i would be like, uhh ts a mix which means there are no papers!!! lmao