Need help with books...

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Introductions' started by UncleLunchBox, Mar 23, 2003.

1. UncleLunchBox

UncleLunchBox New Member

Does anyone know of a good book based SPECIFICALLY on African Fat-Tailed Geckos and where I can get it? I have a book on Leos with 1 page on AFT's but I can find a put nowhere that focuses strictly on AFT's.....

UncleLunchBox ;)

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. pixiefrogw

pixiefrogw Embryo

Did you check Amazon.com? You could go to your local book store and see if they can order any.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. hobotramp

hobotramp Member

I have 'The Leopard Gecko Manual' and it has about 6 pages on the AFT. If she isn't eating they recommend a mixture of banana baby food, Nekton-tonic (from a specialized reptile store, and water. Mix it to a smooth liquid consistency and she should take it from an eye-dropper. Another option is Ensure from the baby food section of stores... same way. It says to place a drop on her nose tip and once she has tried it, she will probably take it from the dropper. Don't hold her, just drop the liquid on her snout while she is lying there. If you want more info about this book let me know.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. UncleLunchBox

UncleLunchBox New Member

I checked Amazon.com already, but all they have is "The Leopard Gecko Manuel", which is an absolutely GREAT book. I was just trying to find a specific book on AFT's. I don't know of any book stores in my area since I'm not all too much of a reader, but I'll try that pixie, thanks :) .
    "The Leopard Gecko Manual" is a great book hobo and the top book I'd recommend for any Leo keeper. But yeah, I'll give that mixture a try. I've tryed JumpStart already when I had trouble with her eating before, but she didn't seem to be entirely that enthused about it. Then again, I was holding her so maybe that was the problem. She seems like a finicky little girl so I guess I'll have to try different things. I'll have to order the Nekton-tonic I believe though because I don't know of anyone around here who carries it. I thought Ensure was for seniors, not babies? I've never seen Ensure for babies, but I'll look next time I'm in the store :eek: .

UncleLunchBox :D

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. hobotramp

hobotramp Member

Never looked for the Ensure myself, but the book said to look in the baby section !?! Good luck and let us know how she's doing.