NEED INFO ON CLOWN AGAMA ANY PLZ

Discussion in 'General Lizards' started by Silverpenny88, Jul 28, 2004.

1. Silverpenny88

Silverpenny88 Embryo

Well I have a Baby 2-4 month old Clown Agama or Painted Dragon which looks like a Beardie.Well I know would liek to know if ANYONE has any information or Even KNows anyone who does.

Just reply back if you have or know anyone with information on them if you need to know anything else you can just post right back.

Thanks!

P.s. I have tried many boards so far and I am still trying so plz reply with some info or naything thanks!

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. hobotramp

hobotramp Member

I'm sure you've already tried it, but have you tried a Google search? How about a book on agamids and their care(I'm sure I've seen them mentioned in one at a pet store)? I went through the same thing with my Mozambique Agamas only I didn't even know for sure what they were. I was lucky my vet knew someone from school in Africa and they contacted an expert there who helped ID and give care info. Wish I could be more help, but I've only ever seen pics of them. Good luck.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Hummingbird

Hummingbird Well-Known Member

in case you didn't already know, the scientific name for these guys is Laudakia Stellio Brachydactyla or just Laudakia Stellio. you might try looking under that name for resources. also, i found this great page: Laudakia Stellio Brachydactyla

good luck and we hope you decide to stay around here! :lol:

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Darina

Darina Embryo

Describe the colours on your Agama. I have a red headed agama and I am just wandering if we have the same lizard but under diferent names

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Newearth

Newearth Embryo

I have two of these agama and they live very happily with my Uromastyx as they need similar conditions. The only difference is they are mostly carniverous so feed them seperatly. I have noticed that they will eat some greens now and then.
    To sex them is easy not sure which way ound it is but one I think the male has a black stripe going down the belly from front legs to ven the line is missing on the other.

John