need info

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Introductions' started by frya5214, Mar 7, 2005.

1. frya5214

frya5214 Embryo

could someone tell me ,i just bought a condo with a sunroom i plan on putting all my reptiles in that room i have a ball python ,king snake,2 water dragons, a western collard lizard...do i need to put carpet down for in the winter to keep the floors warmer..{it is tempature controlled}and at what temp can i let the room get before it hurts my reptiles???they are all in glass cages...i think they will love it but if i'm wrong please let me know....thank you...

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. stormyva

stormyva Well-Known Member

Do you have heat in the cages?

What is the ambient temp in the room?

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. frya5214

frya5214 Embryo

yes i do have heat in the cages what is ambient heat??

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Spot

Spot ReptileBoards Addict

ambient temp means the overall temperature of the environment - in your case, the room temp of the sunroom.
    The term sunroom to me sounds like there will be lots of sun light getting into the room - make sure that no direct sunlight reaches any of the glass cages - that'll cook your herps in there.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. frya5214

frya5214 Embryo

yes are 4 windows in the room could i get like blinds so they do not get direct sunlight??i'm thinking in the summer it's gonna get pretty hot in there i can turn their heat lights off during the day i bought a big temp gauge to keep a track on the temp at all times i really don't know how hot the room will get during the hot months, what temp do i not need to let it get over???{just the room temp} iput them outside in wire cages in the summer months theyseem to like that i know it will be different in a indoor room i can turn the air on in the room if need be...i"ve never done this with a sun room so i really don't know...