never poke your tongue at your snake!

Discussion in 'Other Pythons' started by Hercules, May 10, 2004.

1. Hercules

Hercules Embryo

my friend was handling my 4 foot python when he decided to poke his tongue at him (tried to be like a snake).At first the snake did not think any thing of it, so for a bout 5 min my mate was poking his tongue at him.. then the snake strike and got hold of his tongue .my mate started runing round the lounge room like crazy me and another friend jumped on top of him and held him down so i can safely remove my snake of his tongue with out damaging my baby's teeth ....i got the snake teeth out safely and i don't think there was any damage to the snake , but my friend tongue is all swollen and he cant eat any thing solid ....it was the funnies thing i ever seen ...so don't try this at home.....i guess the snake may thought that the tongue was a little pinky rat hiding in the tree ....... :) :) :D

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. stormyva

stormyva Well-Known Member

That is funny! and that is why we say dont let the snake up to your face :)

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Raziel

Raziel Member

Wow that mustve been funny hehe

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. adam2373

adam2373 Member

LOL it's the same as never blow in your snakes face. Their instinct is to strike at the heat. This is especially true with species that have pits. ie: etb's, atb's and gtp's

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. cd

cd Member

That will be a great story to tell the kids at the school I work at before going to the zoo in the summer. I bet no body will be teasing animals after hearing that. :)
    -Cristine

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Tim90

Tim90 New Member

OUCH
    im not even going to open my mouth around mine now
    I don't want to get bitten

12. biochic

biochic Well-Known Member

That HAD to hurt! OMG! All I can say is exactly what stormy said "Never put a snake up to your face!" He's lucky the snake wasn't bigger or more intent on removing his tongue. That picture will be in my mind for a while! lol!

13. Hercules

Hercules Embryo

i had that python for a bout 2 years now and it never bite or hiss at any one ,but it never liked my friend ,never liked to be handled by him always try to get away from him.. the funnies thing its been about 1 week now and my mates tongue is still heaps swollen ...and i took the snake to the vet just in case to check it out ,and his fine ...

14. biochic

biochic Well-Known Member

I like the fact that your friend is the one that's injured but you took the snake to the doctor! lol! Yep, you fit in just fine around here! lol!

15. cd

cd Member

I thought that was great too :)

16. ChicagoCubs22

ChicagoCubs22 New Member

lol thats funny :D

17. Rimshot

Rimshot New Member

should have caught that on film, hahahahehe

18. Hercules

Hercules Embryo

i wish as well... at least i have 2 witnesses one with swollen tongue .....the funnies thing ,swollen tongue has 6 red back spiders and green tree python (age 5 to 10 years old and very mean ) and he is **** scared of my little snake that is like a earth worm compare to his. he starts shaking when he is around the viv the last couple of days

19. smiles

smiles New Member

LOL that is the funniest thing I've heard in awhile. I too got a kick out of the fact that the whole time in your posts you keep reinerating that ya your friends tounge is all swollen "but the snake is okay!" lol :D
    I can understand how funny it is that your friend is scared too. My husband is 6'2" tall, 230lbs and in the USNAVY but was scared to death of snakes, now he says hes not scared of them anymore but he wont remove the snakes on feed day for fear of them being extra hungry and the other day Brownie (our ball python) yawned while my hubby was holding him and I swear he almost crapped a brick lol His response to my laughter was "I knew he was just yawning I uh just thought maybee you wanted to hold him is all" :p

20. boalover4life

boalover4life Embryo

i can picture that the snake yawning...hahahha im cracking up
    lol

21. herpslave

herpslave Member

Do you possibly have a pic of him now with his swollen tounge?;) just curios... I wont make fun of him I PROMISE!

22. gechoboy

gechoboy New Member

ball python

chicago cubs how do u like your bp