new anoles for me

Discussion in 'Anoles' started by Heather(Ryoko), Dec 27, 2002.

1. Heather(Ryoko)

Heather(Ryoko) Embryo

;) I got me 2 new brown anoles. I got a green anole but this is my first time with brown anoles so I need to know do you sex them the same way as a green anole? & how do you now when they are stressed?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. CheriS

CheriS Is well known here

Congrats on the new anoles. I will let axe answer on the sexing, thats his speciality.

Since you already have a green one, they are about the same for stressing as the brown, once they are use to you, they clam down alot. Just be easy the first few days as they settle in to this big change, they will get real dark when stressed or on the alert and try to hide.

How old? if babies you have a better change of them adapting to you and not being afraid, we raised several babies from eggs then turned them loose on our lanai and outside patio and still when they were several months old, a year later they come up to us... LOL they know we toss handfuls of 2 week old crickets out :)

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

Hey there,

Brown anoles are a LOT easier to sex than green anoles. They have VERY distinct patterns.

Here's a pic of two of our babies. Male is above, female is below.

[​IMG]

As you can see, the difference between the two is obvious.

Hope this helps :)

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Heather(Ryoko)

Heather(Ryoko) Embryo

thanks it helps alot.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. LizardGuy1313

LizardGuy1313 New Member

Hey congrats on your two new arrivals. Best of luck with em. Happy new year! :)

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. hobotramp

hobotramp Member

Congrats and good luck. If you need to see more pics of browns there are lots in my album in the gallery. Try to get some pics to post of them. Looking forward to seeing the new additions.

12. Heather(Ryoko)

Heather(Ryoko) Embryo

:) ok cool but how do ya post the pics.... I don't have a clue how. plus when I look at some of thes words on the site it is in differnt lange. sorry If I did not spell right....

13. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

14. Heather(Ryoko)

Heather(Ryoko) Embryo

cool ok. I will get a pic & do it.