new cali kings (pics)

Discussion in 'Other Colubrids' started by begunwithaletter, Oct 14, 2006.

1. begunwithaletter

begunwithaletter Well-Known Member

cannibalism is one of my biggest concerns, so all of my snakes are housed separately... after all, sterilite shoeboxes are less than a dollar apiece, so it's not excusable to house snakes together for ANY reason...

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Odemus

Odemus Member

I work in a petstore setting... we cant house them in a shoebox...

and none of my personal snakes are housed together... AND i always tell people about cannibalism and work if they ask to house animals togeather..

and at work we never put more then 4 hatchling in a tank... when we get our cornsnake shipments theres always more then 8 so we have 4 tanks JUST for cornesnakes so that we dont house for example all 8 or 9 cornes in ONE 10g... thats more then say petsmark or petco will do..

then again were not a huge crosscounty pet chain.. were 3 locations in one state

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. begunwithaletter

Took a few more pictures of these two today...
    [​IMG]
    she's a very liberal musker...
    [​IMG]

Yogurt, the male. He's signifigantly smaller than the female, but much calmer.
    [​IMG]

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. willythegame16

willythegame16 Member

Everyone has their own oppinions on housing snakes together i know i have mine.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. begunwithaletter

I've just heard too many stories and seen too many pictures of babies eating each other to even think abou it. I can understand why some people keep them together, after all I had a pair of cornsnakes living in the same tank for eight years before I decided to separate them...

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Odemus

Odemus Member

yea.. im agenst it myself... but like i said.. "petstore" Bleh.. but we do a lot more then others..
    i just cant convence them to order less... tho i did change the way they housed there box turtles...
    but i have only been here 4 mths so far.. Slow but sure...
    AND they did just order 1 BD and only 1 collard lizard were normally they ordered upwards of 3 at a time.. :D
    so there is progress there... but yea..

i have 2 spare shoeboxes for Just In Case... if someone walks in with a give away i end up with.. i quarintine them in those for a bit (mostly while i set up there Forever Home tank.. LOL...

im going to get rid of my couch so i can get 2 more 40 breeders.. LOL..

12. DreamingOfDragons

DreamingOfDragons Member

like i said very pretty snakes. and you've infected me...i'm getting an albino Cal. King hatchling next weekend

13. brado

brado Member

I'm pretty sure those are the first two king snakes that I have seen and really liked! Usually kings and milks do nothing for me, but wow!