New Chahou and Gargoyle!

Discussion in 'Rhacodactylus (Crested) Geckos' started by StikyPaws312, Jul 12, 2010.

1. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

Well, I went to the reptile expo in White Plains NY on sunday... with full pockets, and came home with my bank account very angry at me but I'm smiling so it's ok, lol. I'm so excited!

I was walking around with my boyfriend and met Matt from A&M Gecko who may help me get a male RW albino leo that I've been looking for for months... maybe even years... and I met Nick from Dreamtime Geckos and his gf and got this little cutie from them:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I've never had a gargoyle but I've been branching out and they're so pretty and this one's got a real personality! Love him already :D

And I met Steve from Leapin Leachies and I haven't gotten into leachies... but his are just... wow... lol. Unfortunately he had sold all of his chahoua before I got to his table but I found a vender (TJ) who had 2 lovely little hatchlings from a pair of Steve's PI and I got this little cutie!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

How precious and little is he?
    [​IMG]

And here is an updated pic of my other little chahoua from Nick at Dreamtime Reptiles:
    [​IMG]

The show was pretty good, a LOT of snakes... I was a little surprised that more feeder people weren't there... there were a lot of people offering f/t mice + rats but I only saw that one place that had crickets and the other place that had mealworms, waxworms, and silkies...
    But it was fun :) And stupid me forgot to put my memory card back in my camera so I have no pictures to share, oh well. Oh! I was also surprised that there really wasn't much of a price-break on anything... in fact my cat had knocked down one of my temperature/hyrdometers and broke it on friday so I was looking for one and I found them to be marked up to $26 when I bought one for $19 online a couple weeks ago... And the cork bark was really REALLY expensive at one place and wicked cheap at another... it was like no one talked to each other. Ah well, I had fun! :-D

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Blind

Blind New Member

aww cute garg n chewie!
    im thinking of getting me a chewie when im not handicap anymore!

hopefully i have money before the reptile show is here in august!

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Just_Some_Guy

Just_Some_Guy Well-Known Member

Awesome stuff, lucky you!

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Shanna66

Shanna66 Well-Known Member

gargs have alot of personality lol

both are really adorabe

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

I'm quickly coming to realize that this little garg has the most adorable personality, lol. He's so inquisitve and apparently fearless, lol

I vote get a chewie! They are absolutely adorable and I really wish I had gotten one 4 years ago when I originally wanted one and just didn't have the funds... and now they are MORE expensive! What the heck?! Lol. When you do decide to get one ask me, I have a spreadsheet of all the current breeders and their info and whatnot. I found that a lot of people selling chewies have no idea what lineage they are or where they came from or they might even be crested/chahoua crosses... if any of that is important to you I'd go with a reputable breeder, if not, get any one you think is adorable! Lol.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Blind

Blind New Member

Woo, I know what you mean about the prices!
    I'll pm you when I have enough funds :)

Which probably wont be for a while haha